Leadership 'n Lunch: Steve Loughlin
May 13th at noon.
Steve Loughlin is a Stanford Alumnus and the Founder and CEO of RelateIQ, which provides customer relationship management software and was recently bought by Salesforce for $390 million. Leadership 'n Lunch will offer a unique opportunity to ask Steve questions about entrepreneurship and leadership. Lunch will be provided.
Leadership 'n Lunch
Wednesday, May 13th, 12pm
Cardinal Room (Rm 101), Clubhouse, Old Union Complex
What is Leadership n' Lunch?
Weekly lunch series held throughout spring based on The Leadership INITIATIVE
Lunch provided; 12-1 pm
15 minute informative lecture and 40 minute Q & A
Lunch series speaker, dates, and locations depend on room availability
Each session is limited to 20 students per session
CardinalSync sign-ups will open and be posted on this page the Monday of the week before the scheduled topic
Lecture Themes: INITIATIVE
- Improvisation: How do I learn to learn to lead without a script?
- Navigating Ethics: What is ethical leadership?
- Inspiration: What makes a leader inspiring?
- Teaching and Mentoring: How do I teach and mentor others?
- Identity: How do my social identities affect my leadership?
- Allyship: What does it mean to be an ally for others as a leader?
- Truth seeking: How do I validate the information I learn?
- Innovation: How do I lead in an ever-changing world?
- Values: How do my personal values affect leadership?
- Entrepreneurship: When and how should I take risks in my leadership?
Each of the themes ties into one of the four “Aims of Stanford University” in the SUES report:
- Adaptive Learning (Improvisation, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship)
- Personal and Social Responsibility (Identity, Allyship, and Values)
- Owning Knowledge (Navigating Ethics and Truth Seeking)
- Honing Skills and Capacities (Inspiration and Teaching & Mentoring)
- Adopt specific skills and knowledge and apply them to current leadership practices
- Discover different perspectives on leadership from guest speakers
- Connect with other student leaders
- Begin to understand how to develop a leadership template for the remainder of their college careers
Spring 2015 Speakers
- President Hennessy
- David Shaw
- Aleta Hayes
- John Powers
- Patti Gumport
- Jeff Chang
- Harry Elam
- Michael McFaul
- Steve Loughlin
- Sheri Sheppard