We Are Family - February 28, 2021
Ticket sales for the Signature Event have concluded. Thank you so much to all who bought tickets and will be joining us on Saturday. Even if you are not joining, you can participate in the silent auction from home which will include many one-of-a-kind items and experiences! I will send instructions to register with GiveSmart, our online platform, later this week so you can be ready to join in the bidding!
The Event Committee could use a few more volunteers the night of the event. Can you help? Take a look at these great opportunities to help out: https://m.signupgenius.com/#!/showSignUp/10c0b44a8ab28abfc1-2022
The March 2022 Lunch Menu and the 22-23 School Calendar are attached in the files at the end of the newsletter.
Janet Abdoulaye, Principal
2:15 PM Prayer Service - PS/PK/K
Ash Wednesday Mass at 8:45 AM hosted by 8K. Livestream available on our YouTube Channel.
2:50 PM Release
Regular Uniforms due to Mass
- Spiritwear tops with uniform pants or spirit wear bottoms
Save the Dates
- March 25th: 1:20 PM Dismissal for Spring Break (EDM available)
- March 28th - April 1st: Spring Break
- April 9th: Parish Easter Egg Hunt 9 - 10:15 AM
- April 14th: Holy Thursday prayer service hosted by 5th grade at 9 AM
- April 15th: Good Friday Living Stations hosted by middle school at 10 AM with 1:20 PM dismissal (EDM available)
- April 18th: No school - Easter Monday
- April 23rd: Sparty Party Trivia Night
Around Our School
Our first graders donned masks and gloves and went to work as surgeons... cutting words apart and creating contractions! Now paging, Dr. Spartan!
Second grade was all smiles at their Donuts with Fr. Rob party last week. This was purchased by a second grade family at last year's Signature Event and recently redeemed. What a sweet way to start a Friday morning!
Fifth graders completed Scripture Mardi Gras Floats. They chose a favorite story from Scripture and created floats to illustrate the story in preparation for Lent.
Celebrate Lent at Saint Susanna
Signature Event Child Care at the Flip Zone
Spring 2022 Girls Softball
- Login to your FACTS account.
- Click on "View Details" next to the heading Payment Plan and Billing.
- Click on "View Payment Summary" and ensure that you have the year 2021 in the drop down menu.
- Print this sheet. This will show totals paid per child and category and has our Federal Tax ID number on it.
The service hour tracking form can be found here and a copy will be sent home in the back-to-school packets. We ask that each family complete five service hours this school year. These hours can be completed during school or parish events.
Students may be referred to Ms. Evans by teachers or the principal for a one-time visit. After that, parents must complete an consent form for continued visits. The consent form is available at the end of the Monday Memo or in the school office. You can reach Ms. Evans directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Easy Fund-Raising for Saint Susanna Catholic School!
Box Tops for Education
Here’s how it works:
- Step 1: Download the new Box Tops App (iTunes or Google Play) – it’s free
- Step 2: Create a username and connect it to your child’s school
- Step 3: Scan your grocery store receipt. Items with the new Box Tops label will be automatically credited to your school
Does this mean I should stop sending in my paper Box Tops that I have already clipped? No! Continue to send those to the school!
Kroger Community Rewards
Information on the Kroger Community Rewards program can be found here on their website or under the "rewards" tab in your Kroger app. You will need to search for the exact name of our organization as SAINT SUSANNAS SCHOOL PTP . From there, you can link your Kroger card with our organization and a portion of your spending at Kroger will come to us.
St. Susanna Catholic School's mission is to provide a Christ-centered, quality education that prepares and inspires its students to excel as they progress in their scholastic careers. Based on Catholic teachings, our students and staff exemplify the value of faith, service, love, and respect in all situations and with all people.