The World of Skin
By: Sarah Beller, Abby Gaidos, and Andie Bouhaidar
Major Functions of Skin
In this video, it talks about the different layers of skin and will explain the minerals that each layer consists of.
The Main Skin Organs
The password to access this video is palmbeach and the username is the same thing.
Interesting Facts about skin
The thinnest skin is the eye lid and the thickest is the sole of the foot. The largest organ in the human body is skin.
Hair is made of dead skin cells
- Too much exposure to the sun can cause your skin to become leathery and wrinkled
- People with darker skin are more protected against the suns damaging rays
- Skin only weighs 9 pounds
- Skin is as thick as paper
- If an adults skin was stretched out flat, it would cover an area larger than 1.5 square meters
- If you don't clean your skin, then you will get a bacteria infection known as acne
- Your skin can also grow athlete's foot, which is fungi
- Fungi grows best in warm, moist temperature, so if you keep your foot clean and dry\
- Try avoiding sun exposure between 10 A.M. and 2 P.M. because that time is when the sunlight is the strongest
Science Textbook pg.494-500