Fall Sports Information & Guidelines
They now join cross country, tennis and golf, which have been active since the regular start to the fall season in mid-August.
With the Governor's order resuming all fall sports activities for athletes, there are safety guidelines and spectator restrictions that must be followed. It is the MHSAA and Otsego Public Schools expectation that we all comply. We have outlined some of the key changes and details below. Athletes and their families will receive updates through email in FinalForms. We will also keep our OPS community updated with any changes that impact spectator rules if those should change during the fall season. Thank you, and as always, we appreciate your support of OPS athletics.
OHS/OMS Athletic Director
Spectators at Games
- Schools in Phase 4 are limited to two spectators per participant for both indoor and outdoor events.
- Spectators are NOT ALLOWED to line the fences outside of the stadium to watch the game. We know with the spectator restrictions, we have many family members that will not be able to attend the games, but these are the rules that are currently in place in order for our athletes to play.
- Facial coverings must be worn by all spectators, home and away.
- Social distancing will be in place, although family members may sit together. This includes the three sports that have been playing for two weeks.
- Coaches will be updated with the process for spectator entrance this week and will pass that along to their players & parents.
How Can I Watch the Contests?
We are in the process of trying to live stream most of our events, especially events that are in the stadium and gym. We will post links to the streaming events, if they are possible, to the OHS Athletics webpage and to the OPS Facebook page.
- Schedules are being revised and will be updated on the school website this week.
- All sports may start competition at this point with football starting competition on September 18th.
- Coaches will keep their teams updated with any schedule changes.
- You can find the MS & HS sports schedules online. Please double check dates and times before heading to an event in case of changes.
- Face coverings are required in football, soccer and volleyball at all times - active participation and non-active participation when 6 feet of physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Face coverings will be worn by coaches, medical staff, game event staff, media members and spectators.
- Officials may wear face coverings on the field of play if he/she desires. Officials must wear face coverings at all other times - upon arrival at a facility, before the contest, during intermissions away from the field/court/area of play and following the contest until departure.
- Face coverings may be worn, but are not required, by athletes in cross country, golf and tennis while in active participation of their sport. Face coverings shall be worn at all other times.
Middle School Sports
Schedules can be found at the same link as high school: https://otsegoathletics.bigteams.com/
- Teams need to arrive at away events ready to play. Locker rooms will not be provided this fall.
- When student-athletes travel with another family/parent to an event, this will be treated the same as school transportation, therefore all individuals should wear a face covering during transport.