The Titan Times: Week 26
The River Place Elementary (RPE) Campus Newsletter
IN THIS EDITION:
- Message from Principal Sharp
- Mark Your Calendars and Links to District and Lunch Calendars
- Titan Community News
- Counselor's Corner
- Leander ISD Opportunities
- Growing a Titan Mindset and Connection Every Day!
February started off with an icy couple of days, and it seems that we will have six more weeks of winter based on last week's groundhog appearance. As we aim to get back to normalcy, we realize many of you experienced hardship over the last week. Should you need support, please let our campus know so that we can connect you with resources as appropriate.
As always, be sure to read through the information here to ensure you're in the know of our campus and district happenings. Should you need anything, please reach out. Let's make it a great week of building and showing PRIDE in all we do!
Take care and be well,
Dr. Amy Sharp
Proud RPE Principal
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
February: Black History Month & Heart Healthy Month
- 6-10th: Counselor Appreciation Week
- 6th: Kinder Read/ Run Club
- 7th: 2nd Grade Read/ Run Club
- 8th: 100th Day of School/ PTA General Meeting (See Info Below-FREE child care is provided- pls register)
- 9th: 1st Grade Read/ Run Club
- 10th: Barn Hill Preserve "Zoo Visit" in the MPR (Sign permission slip due)
- 13-17th: Kindness Week/ LISD Volunteer Appreciation Week
- 13th: 5th Grade Parent Night at Four Points Middle School (See Info Below)
- 19th: Shuck Me Cruise In Event (See Info Below)
- 20th: Staff Development Day (No School for Students)
- 24th: National Wear Red Day for Heart Health
PTA GENERAL MEETING
Wednesday, Feb. 8th, 6pm
6500 Sitio Del Rio Boulevard
Pizza provided by Smokin' Oak Pizza.
PTA will be focusing on all the events PTA has coming up in the spring semester and specific ways you can help and get involved!
Need child care to attend this event? No problem! Register here.
This details the entire school year's student holidays, staff development days, early release, etc.
TITAN COMMUNITY NEWS
Upcoming Campus Visit: Barn Hill Preserve
2023 5th Grade Parent Night - got a question?
We will cover a brief overview of the FPMS student experience at 5th Grade Parent Night on Monday, February 13th from 5:30 - 7:00. It is a 3 part event - Showcase, structure, booth info.
At 5:30, we will have our FPMS Showcase in the gym which will represent things your child can be involved in as they move through FPMS. Think Pep Rally.
At 6:00, we will present the structure of middle school focusing on important differences from elementary school. We will also do our best to address submitted questions during this time frame. Also in the gym.
At 6:30, we will provide booths in the cafeteria to allow you to meet teachers and get more information regarding electives, athletics, fine arts, and band.
You can help us help you by submitting any questions you may have to help us address your needs.
Watch D.O.G.S. Info
Dads (or those with influence over them!) …River Place Elementary would love your help on the following days:
- February 17 and 24
- March 2, 8 and 21
- April 7,14, and 28
- May 5, 12 and 17
The WatchDOGS volunteer program is open for the spring semester. This is a full school day commitment to make a difference, meet the teachers and staff and get a good look at what your kids are doing every day. Memories will be made, kids will never forget, and the faculty will be grateful. We’d love to have you join us!
If you have any questions about the program please call or text Cuyler Owens at 512-483-1589. He has been volunteering over the last 10 years to support his 3 kids and has agreed to be the point of contact for any questions.
If you would like to be a Watch D.O.G., follow these simple steps:
Read through the expectations and sample schedule
If you have not done so already, register as a Leander ISD Volunteer
Marc Grace will contact you one week before your volunteer day with more detailed information.
Thank you to the volunteers that pitched in during the first half of the year and thank you for your feedback to make our program even better!
Long Range Planning, Legislative Priorities & School Board Meetings
- Check out the updated long range plan. Right now, the VHS feeder zone is not a part of rezoning discussions; however, you'll notice we will be for the 2025-26 school year. Should you want to follow how the northern portion of the district is managing the rezoning, we encourage you to monitor/engage in those sessions, attend school board meetings, and join district committees.
- Check out our district's legislative session priorities.
- Check out our school board meetings to support your understanding of how our district works for our #1LISD community.
Feedback Requested: Consideration of Courses
This spring, Leander ISD will consider/adopt new instructional resources for six courses:
- American Sign Language I-IV,
- Chinese I-IV,
- AP US History,
- AP Calculus AB and BC,
- African-American Studies, &
- Mexican-American Studies.
"Cruise In" Event Sponsored by Shuck Me
We are thankful to announce that in coordination with local businesses we have been chosen to be supported at the next Cruise In event, sponsored by Shuck Me, Sheryl Powell REALTOR with JLA Realty! It is an honor to have the community rally around and support our students and teachers here at RPE.
Location: 10817 Ranch Road 2222, Austin TX 78730
Date: February 19th
Time: 11:00 AM-2:00 PM
The event is a come and go event. Stop by to take a look at the unique cars, listen to live music, and enjoy the crawfish! Our teachers and staff are all very excited to see their wish list be brought to life!
Here is what is being collected to support the campus:
- Puzzles & Board Games (Ages 5-8)
- Coloring Books for All ages
- Colored Pencils
- Three Subject Spirals
- Kid Scissors
- Antibacterial Hand Wipes
- Assorted 10-pack
- 2 dozen packs of antibacterial hand wipes
- Expo markers
- Packages of pre-sharpened ticonderoga pencils
- 1 new recess ball bag
- Prize box items for students (slime, pop-its, etc.)
- 3 electric pencil sharpeners
- Dry erase markers
- Dry erase board erasers
- Clorox wipes
- Sharpened pencils
- Headphones (over the ear and not earbuds for sanitary reasons)
- 2-3" binders
- Pencil top erasers
- Markers (washable regular-sized not thin)
- Small fidgets
- Slap bracelets
- Fun erasures
- Copy Paper
- Graph Paper
- Dry erase markers
- Snacks for students
- Hand Sanitizer for Campus
- Sponsor lunch for teachers on testing days
- Stock our Sojourn with snacks for teachers and staff
- Lava Lamp
- 2- kid-sized bean bags
- Rubik's cube
- Kinetic Sand
- Items for a kinetic sand tray
- Coloring Books for all ages boys and girls
- Wikki Stix
- Cotton Balls
- Eucalyptus, Lemon, and Peppermint Oils
- Small candies
- Snack bags chips and popcorns
- Snack bags of nuts and/or trail mix
SAVE THE DATE: EVENT FROM PTA
If you are a family who needs support with purchasing Titan gear, please reach out to our school counselor, Ms. Jennifer Randall, at firstname.lastname@example.org
River Place Elementary Titan Community
Here are our Titan Community Communication Tools-
- River Place Elementary School Website
- Twitter Account
- PTA Facebook Page
- Remind App for River Place Insiders