Area between two or more points
scalar quantity that refers to "how much ground an object has covered" when an object is in motion.
- Never negative
- Overtime it will always increase
1. Krystal travels 10 miles to the mall from home, and then to the candy store 3 miles away. If Krystal then travels the same route back home. How far does she drive within this day?
2. What is the SI unit for distance?
3. Distance can be negative. True or false?
4. A 555 mile, 5 hour plan trip was flown at two speeds. For the first part of the trip, the average speed was 205 mph. The remander of the trip was flown at a speed of 115. How lond did the plane fly at each speed?
1. 26 miles, 2. meters. 3. false 4. The plane flew for 2 hours at 105 mph and 3 hours at 115 mph.