THE INSIDE CORNER
Monthly Newsletter of GADC Fastpitch
2020 GADC LEADOFF CLASSIC REGISTRATION IS LIVE
The Georgia Dugout Club will host for the 9th year in a row the GADC Leadoff Classic. Each year this tournament continues to produce great early season talent to prepare teams for a great year of softball in their regions. Once again the GADC will select numerous high schools across the state to host teams throughout the week in early August. See all the information below such as dates, possible host sites, and cost.
DATES: August 12, 14-15, 2020
GAMES: Choose between 1-4 games
COST: 1 Game = $200
2 Games = $200
3 Games = $275
4 Games = $350
JV COST IS $300 For 4 GAMES AND IS HOSTED BY EAST COWETA HIGH SCHOOL
If you would like to be a host site as part of this great event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Ernie Yarborough of the GHSA spoke to our coaches at the GADC Coaches Clinic this past weekend and gave some important information to us while clarifying some things as far as dates go for the 2020-21 calendar.
- Spring Tryouts - May be held for five consecutive school days after May 1 and prior to the final days of spring classes.
- Academically eligible students must be enrolled at the school, or an 8th grader/rising 9th grader at a feeder school for that program. Current 7th graders/rising 8th graders are NOT allowed to participate in these tryouts.
- Off-Season Workouts – By-Law 2.69 (b) – At any given time, only one (1) coach in a sport may work with up to (4) student/athletes in skill-building drills.
- Power Rankings – Power Rankings are no longer used
- Date of 1st official practice is August 1, 202)
- Date for 1st official game is August 6, 2020
- (1) official scrimmage at any time after August 1 and prior to the 1st official game of the competing schools.