January 7th, 2019
1/7 -- Teachers return, brief faculty meeting
1/15 -- Students gain or lose eligibility based on 2nd 9 weeks grades
1/17-1/21 -- Planoettes to Disney competition
1/19 -- Computer Club Programming contest
1/21 -- MLK Holiday
1/24 -- PSHS Career Fair, 8-11 a.m.
1/24 -- Leadership Team Meeting, 3:30
1/24, 25, 26, 27 (matinee) -- PSHS Theatre presents their musical Mamma Mia!
1/28 -- Calling All Cats! 6-8 p.m.
1/28 -- Three-week grade check
1/30 -- Team Leader Meeting, 2 lunches
2/7 -- Band MidWinter Concert
2/8-9 -- Regional Academic Decathlon competition, HPHS
2/9 -- Mr. Plano
2/13-16 -- TMEA, All State musicians to San Antonio
2/15 -- Three-week grade check
2/15-16 -- Dance Contest hosted here
2/15-18 -- Speech to Harvard
2/16 -- VASE (Visual Art Scholastic Event) REGIONAL at Prosper High School
2/21 -- NAEP Testing
2/23 -- Band to Solo and Ensemble
2/28 -- Plano's Got Talent
2/28-3/1 -- Orchestra UIL Contest
3/2 -- Jazz Invitational
3/4-7 -- TELPAS Reading and Listening
3/6-10 -- State Academic Decathlon, San Antonio
3/7 -- Orchestra to Orlando
3/8 -- End of 3rd grading period
4/26-27 -- State VASE, San Marcos
Staff Wellness Program
Then here are the details regarding Wildcat Biggest Loser
- $10.00 to join
- Initial weigh in the week of January 14th
- Challenge begins January 18th
- Weekly Friday weigh ins. (In the clinic)
- Winner will be based on the percentage of weight lost (starting weight 200 pounds, lose 10 pounds equals 5% loss)
- Last weigh in will be April 5th
- 12 weeks to work on your weight loss
- Winner will be announced the week of April 8th.
- Winner gets a cash prize!!!
- Prizes for 2nd and 3rd as well
- I will not spam the entire campus about TBL, but members will get weekly reminders to weigh in
- All weights are kept by me and are anonymous
Let me know if you have any questions,
Denise Kongs RN BSN
ALL STUDENTS SHOULD PRINT THEIR SPRING 2019 SCHEDULE JANUARY 7TH.
Please Share with Students: SPRING 2019 SCHEDULE CHANGE GUIDELINES
I. Schedule changes/corrections for the spring semester 2019 will be made in the following instances:
- Student is enrolled in a class for which he/she has already received credit.
- Student has failed a course prerequisite.
- Student does not have 7 periods scheduled.
- Student has an obvious error, such as the same class scheduled twice.
- Student passed a credit by exam or eSchool course and should be moved into a different class.
- Athletic cuts.
- Class balancing (we try to keep this to a minimum, but it is sometimes unavoidable).
- Level changes are considered on a case by case basis. See your counselor.
II. Due to the complexity of the Master Schedule, we cannot make elective changes.
Regarding your W-2:
Just a quick reminder that W2 documents are available electronically as well as in the standard paper format. TEAMS automatically defaults to a paper W2 form. If you have NOT changed to an electronic W2 documents, please consider doing so. The electronic form is an exact replica of the paper form and can be printed from TEAMS to fulfill any need you may have for a paper document.
If you are a new hire during 2018 or have never considered changing to an electronic form, but would like to do so follow these quick steps.
· Sign into TEAMS
· Select Employee Service Center
· Sign into Employee Service Center
o The system may ask for verification of who you are by sending an access code by text or email for you to enter to confirm your identity
· Select My Payroll Information
· Select W-2
· Type of delivery will show either –
· If Paper and you would like to change to electronic copy, click the edit button.
· Agree to statement displayed to confirm you wish to change to an electronic copy of your W2.
Thank you for considering the electronic W2 document.
Here are the dates when we will have campus pdh. These will also be in the lecture hall from 7:45-8:30, 3:30-4:15, and 4:30-5:15 each day.
1/24/19 Kagan/Recent attendees (afternoon times in C111)
2/21/19 Self care/counselors
3/21/19 Grading Tips sharing/Coryn
5/16/19 Collaborative teaming (progress assessment and planning)/Ashley Helms (afternoon times in C111)
These DO count toward your flex/trade hours.
Our district Social Emotional Learning/Restorative Practices training sessions are now open for enrollment in MyLearning Plan. Please share with your staff members as you see fit.
January 9 -- 4:00-6:00- Self-Regulation Tools and Peace Areas- Bird Center-Building A
February 20 --3:30-5:30 -Active Listening/Effective Collaboration-Bird Center-Building A
March 20 --4:00-6:00- -Respect/Relationship Agreements-Bird Center-Building A
April 17 --3:30-5:30- Adult SEL Competence and Wellness- Bird Center-Building A
A gentle reminder that the deadline to enroll teachers in the Spring GT Academy is this Friday, December 21st.
Coming Next Semester: Heart of a Scholar
This training is the foundational training specific to the district's equity work regarding closing the opportunity gap in advanced courses. All staff is welcome. Participants will examine barriers to enrollment, dominant narratives that may hinder success and steps we can take to move the work forward.
While this workshop is during the school day and therefore cannot be used as trade hours, it is powerful information for staff on this campus as we seek to close that opportunity gap. It is strongly recommended for AP and honors teachers in all disciplines.
See My Learning Plan to sign up. Dates are available in January and February.
FROM YOUR RESTORATIVE PRACTICE TEAM
- LADY WILDCATS vs McKinney Boyd at McKinney Boyd, Tue. Jan. 8th. JV plays at 6:00pm and Varsity plays at 7:30pm.
- WILDCATS vs McKinney Boyd at PSHS, Tue. Jan. 8th. JV plays at 6:00pm and Varsity plays at 7:30pm.
- LADY WILDCATS vs Prosper at PSHS, Fri. Jan. 11th. JV plays at 6:00pm and Varsity plays at 7:30pm.
- WILDCATS vs Prosper at Prosper High School, Fri. Jan. 11th. JV plays at 6:00pm and Varsity plays at 7:30pm.
- LADY WILDCATS vs Rowlett at Clark Stadium, Tue. Jan. 8th. JV plays at 5:45pm and Varsity plays at 7:30pm.
- VARSITY LADY WILDCATS at Allison Horn Showcase at Colleyville Heritage High School, Thu. Jan. 10th thru Sat. Jan. 12th.
Friday vs Eaton at 2:00pm
Saturday vs Southlake at 3:00pm
- WILDCATS at Allen Showcase at Allen High School, Thu. Jan. 10th thru Sat. Jan. 12th.
Thursday vs Flower Mound at 11:30am at Eagle Track Stadium
Friday vs Dallas Hillcrest at 1:00pm at Eagle Track Stadium
Saturday vs N. Garland at 12:00pm at Eagle Stadium
Thursday vs Irving at 1:00pm at Eagle Track Stadium
Friday vs Dallas Hillcrest at 11:30am at Eagle Track Stadium
Saturday vs N. Garland at 3:00pm at Curtis Middle School