Made By: Matthew Lerner
What It Is
Bipolar depression is a disorder associated with mood swings ranging from depressive lows to manic highs.
- Bipolar Depression is also called Maniac Depression
- About 3 million cases are diagnosed in the USA each year
- Mostly affects people age 19-60
- Treatment that is non-medicinal is recommended
- Most effective mode of therapy is Talk Therapy
- 90% of suicides occur in people with Bipolar Depression
- People with bipolar depression don't commi significantly more violent acts than normal people
- People with mental illness are two times as likely to be victims of violent crime
- People still live normal lives with bipolar depression
- Medications associated with treatment for Bipolar Depression are not and should not be called "happy pills"