by :Austin Bohnsack
Definition of graffiti
writing or drawings scribbled, scratched, or sprayed illicitly on a wall or other surface in a public place.
- almost all of graffiti is un wanted yet there are occasions where people pay for graffiti
- Graffiti may also express underlying social and political messages and a whole genre of artistic expression is based upon spray paint graffiti styles.
- The maximum custodial penalty for those aged 18 or over is 10 years imprisonment
- graffiti is a criminal offense under section 1 of the criminal act 1971.
- The word graffiti comes from the Greek word ‘graphein’ which means ‘to write’.
why it is important to the student body?
It is very important so kids our age dont try it and get in trouble for something as stupid as spray painting on a building.
how to help stop the cause of graffiti
1. put up an educational flyer on the topic
2. talk out and tell people how its wrong and how you can get in trouble
it depends what age you are but no matter what you will have to del with the police and it will be on your record. There are cases where you have to go to jail.