December 7, 2015
To Do's and Calendar Updates
- Have your grades loaded by Friday afternoon, so we can have Progress Reports ready by next Tuesday.
- We originally were going to have all the writing pieces that have gone through the entire writing process due on Dec. 4th. We are going to extend this to Dec. 18th. This would include brainstorming, editing/revising, and final copies. For K-1 grades - include a picture of any anchor charts you use to help students brainstorm, edit, and revise (if students are not completing on their own, yet)
- January Individual Data Talks - We will schedule a mid-year data talk with each teacher in January. You will meet with your assigned appraiser. See the following list for what to have prepared and what we will discuss (we will come to you):
- SPED and 504 Accommodation Tracking for each appropriate student
- RtI Intervention Sheets for each child
- Universal Screening and Progress Monitoring Data Collection System
- Guided Reading Record Keeping System - data collected during guided reading (Kelly Leach shared different systems a couple of weeks ago - if you need her help, please email her for ideas)
- Examples of Reading, Writing, and Content Area Journals/Notebooks you have students utilizing.
- Review of your Word Wall and how you are utilizing it with students. Click the following for some examples if you need it. Personal Word Wall and Classroom Word Wall Strategies
- Math CFA student tracking
- Other Formative Assessment tracking that you have in place
- Share any system you have in place where students are tracking their own data.
Calendar of Events
Everything is posted on the Collaboration Site, please check it weekly.
Response to Intervention
Week of Dec. 7th: Progress Monitoring
Intervention Sheets: click here
Character Quality for December - Caring
"Choose being kind over being right, and you'll be right every time."
CELEBRATE WITH JEANS and SOME FESTIVE FUN!!!!
- Monday - December 14th - Wear Red and Green
- Tuesday - December 15th - Wear your Holiday Hat
- Wednesday - December 16th - Wear Your Holiday Accessories - Treats from the Office in the Conference Room and Double Co-Curr
- Thursday - December 17th - Wear Your Ugly Christmas Sweater
- Friday - December 18th - Holiday T-Shirt Day
Professional Development and Learning - Faculty Meetings, PLC's, and Kelly Leach Visits
- Dec. 7th-11th - Next Math CFA
- Dec. 8th: Faculty Meeting - Celebrations and Dyslexia Annual Training
- Dec. 10th - Guided Reading Walkthroughs by Kelly Leach. Click here for the schedule for observation and coaching sessions.
- Dec. 15th: PLC Meetings - We will analyze the math CFA's that are being given this week. Please bring your graded math assessment for each student. Third and fourth grade, please have your scan trans scanned, so we can pull reports.
Back the Blue
Sodexo will be offering free lunches and breakfasts to police officers and other first responders at KISD elementary schools the week of December 7-11. We’re calling it our “Back the Blue Plate Special.”
Officers have been invited to stop by for breakfast between 7:30-8 a.m. or for lunch between 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. However, officers who have a child at your campus who have a designated lunch period outside of that widow are still welcome to come by during their child’s lunch.
If an officer visits your campus, feel free to invite him or her to sit with students in the cafeteria and give students the opportunity to say “Thank you” for the work they do to protect and serve our community.
T-TESS Tid Bit
For content to be personally meaningful to students, there must be a clearly communicated purpose for student learning. Students also need to understand why the content or skill being taught in a lesson is important for them to master and how their mastery of this will impact their own lives.
Lessons that value inquiry, curiosity, and exploration provide opportunities for students to generate questions and conduct their own research or explore to locate the answers.