By: Tiannah Gu
When Dian Fossey was a little girl she loved animals. That's when she started to all in love with the animals. As she grew older that love for animals just kept getting stronger. She had a dream to go to Africa to study gorillas and that was when her dream came true.
- She was born is San Francisco, California on January 16th 1939.
- She was born to Kathrin(can be called Kitty too.) and George III.
- When she was around the age of 13 years old her dad committed suicide.
- She went to University of Cambridge in Cambridge, England.
- She studied to be a vet but didn't have that much interest in it.
- Then she studied a occupational Therapist and once she got her degree she went to work for some hospital in Louisville, Kentucky.
- Her real dream though was to go to Africa and study gorillas and that was what happened.
- She finally got her chance to go to Africa and study gorillas.
- Each day she got closer and closer to the gorillas.
- Her favorite ne named Digit died of old age and she was devastated.