You should never ever do this.
- Alcohol can be deadly. If you drink a quart of vodka at one sitting, it can kill you( Drinking Games )
- Alcohol is a powerful depressant. It slows breathing and heart rate and lowers blood pressure.
- Once you drink, nothing sobers you up but time, one hour for each ounce of alcohol consumed ( whether a mixed drink, a can of beer, or a glass of wine).
- Alcohol- related car crashes are a leading causes of death of teenagers.
What happens when a person drinks alcohol?
- The first thing that happens is loss of judgement (this can happen with only one drink).
- Drinking and deciding to drive, or getting into a car with someone who has been drinking.
- Drinking and deciding to do something you later regret (have sex, do something physically dangerous, steal).
- Getting into a car crash and hurting yourself or other people.
- Losing your balance and falling, or going swimming and drowning.
- Drinking every time you feel nervous in social situations ( party, date). Results: You don't learn how to feel less nervous without drinking.
- Drinking every time you feel angry, depressed, bored, or lonely. Results: You don't learn how to cope with these feelings without the aid of alcohol.