Water Shortages in Texas
By: Leah, Gladys, Chelby, & Jullianna
Introduction- Not enough!:(
Proposal/Solution- Saving water at home and the Big solutions
1. water your yard and outdoor plants early in the morning or late at night. This helps reduce evaporation.
2. Mulch around outdoor plants to hold water in soil.
3. Use plants that require less water
4. Use a shut-off nozzle on your hose
5. Get an energy star labeled washing machine. And wash only full loads.
6. Use a low flow shower head
7. Take shorter showers, 5 minutes or less is best!
8. Turn off the water while brushing your teeth and soaping your hands.
9. Turn off faucet while scrubbing pots and dishes
10. Install a new toilet that uses less than 1.6 gallons per flush.
11. Put faucet aerators on sink faucets.
12. Use a broom to clean driveways and walkways not a hose!
Those are some simple ways to conserve water a home.
If you do not start preserving water now then our great city of Newark Texas will turn into Wichita Falls. In Wichita Falls they are so low on good water that the city is considering on using recycled toilet water. Here is a few sentences from the article that we have found, "The plan to recycle water became necessary when after three years in drought in Wichita falls the mayor finally announced that Wichita falls is soon going to start using recycled public water to use in our homes. Meaning they will be soon be using toilet water. If you want to learn more about water conservation then simply go to any water foundation websites or any other conservation site. Many of those sites will tell you how to save water and ways you could help out!
Articles used for Proposal- Preparing for future water shortages
Article used for Conclusion- Life by the drop: Running Dry in Robert Lee