Updated TexQuest Website
Our homepage address has not changed and can be found at https://texquest.net/welcome.
We hope you approve of the new features and look and feel!
Veterans Day is Friday, November 11. According to va.org, there are over 1.5 million veterans living in the state of Texas. Britannica has provided a great variety of resources to share with students as they learn about our heroes.
At the link below, you will find two resource packs, one for elementary and one for middle school, that can be used to celebrate and honor veterans. These resource packs include articles, videos, and images.
Visit their Britannica Learn site to view the detailed resource packs!
EBSCO's Learning Express
Everyone is asking, when will the other STAAR practice exams be updated? EBSCO hopes to have them all updated by March/April, if not earlier.
To view a full list of updated materials, visit the EBSCO provider support page: https://ebsco.libguides.com/texquest/learning-express.
Notable enhancements include:
- Improved search capability, including a searchable Table of Contents for faster, more focused results
- Enhanced article navigation
- New user interface design and accessibility improvements
- New Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) decoder widget and model-specific recall information
- Updated video library and animations
Additional details are available on the Gale blog. - https://blog.gale.com/chiltonlibrary-offering-enhanced-platform-and-new-tools/
A webinar is scheduled for 11/17/2022 from 1:00-1:45 p.m. CT. Register to attend or receive the recording: https://cengage.zoom.us/webinar/register/3616642968444/WN_sesybaygQJ63VdH34z6Zlw
Learn360 has added an option to provide feedback on some of The Mailbox printables. If you see the option to select "I wish this were interactive," click on the purple button to let them know if you do or do not want it interactive!
Learn360 has launched tools to set up Active Grade Range and Content Suppression settings in your district product. This tool is to be utilized at the district level.
A webinar for district library leaders will be held on November 16, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. CT. If you are a district library lead and would like to attend, please register in advance for this meeting:https://infobase.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIlfu6rrDspGtFJMfr3YOJT5qmcJnLTunyw
ProQuest SIRS Discoverer
- 6 new Controversial Issues (Controversial Monuments, Cryptocurrencies, Driverless Vehicles, Gender Pay Gap, Homeschooling, and Puerto Rico Statehood)
- 20 Dorling Kindersley DK Eyewitness book titles found under the Nonfiction Book browse
- 10 new Reference Point book title additions
- A few more biographies for a total of 305 biographies
Content and curation controls are now available on TeachingBooks. These optional tools enable:
- Distribution of resources that limits student access to only the specific materials or sets of books that teachers choose to share.
- Parental control that activates browser-specific capabilities that limit student access and searching to titles based on selected grade levels.
- Grade level curation of titles for students signing in from campus
Learn more about these content and curation controls in the TeachingBooks FAQs. A webinar will be scheduled to explain the use of the controls and answer any questions. Visit this newsletter soon as we will be adding the link HERE!
For additional training opportunities, visit the TexQuest training calendar.
The Texas State Library and Archives Commission administers all aspects of the TexQuest program and is responsible for the selection and coordination of all TexQuest resources, as well as district invoicing.
Education Service Center, Region 20 serves as the TexQuest Support Center and is responsible for help desk, technical assistance, outreach, communication, and training to support the program.