GLA West Connections
Wednesday, October 2nd
Thank you to all parents who attended the Rising Stars Reading Relays!
CLICK BELOW TO DOWNLOAD OCTOBER CALENDAR!
click below to donate or register
- SCHOOL CLOSED: School is closed for scholars on Friday, October 4th.
- OCTOBER 1PM DISMISSALS : In October, we only have half day Wednesdays on 10/9, 10/16 and 10/23.
- CHANGING SEASONS: As we head into fall, the temperature is cooler in the mornings. Please ensure that scholars are transitioning to long-sleeved uniform shirts along with their sweaters, vests or blazers. Outside hoodies and jackets must be removed once scholars are in the building. Scholars who are out of uniform compliance will not be able to participate in our monthly dress down incentives
- FIELD TRIPS: All parents interested in attending field trips must submit clearances to be eligible.
- YEARLY CALENDAR: The yearly calendar has been updated. Please click below to download the most recent version. Important changes are that: 1) October 2nd is now a full day of school, 2) October 4th is now a Professional Development day and school is closed for scholars, 3) October 31st is a full day of school.
revised yearly calendar
check out this week's cultural carnival video!
GLAW Cultural Carnival: S3E4 Look of Leadership
Showcasing Scholar Excellence!
Scholars in Ms. Mackey's 6th grade class are learning about the Reconstruction era. Check out Anajah Brockington and Zekhi Stanford's Reconstruction projects.
Brock9 News: ANAJAH RECONSTRUCTION PROJECT
The Reconstruction Era
PBIS and LiveSchool
This year, we have changed the criteria for our Jewel of the Month assemblies. In order to be eligible to dress down, scholars must earn a set number of LiveSchool points for the month. If your child is eligible to dress down, he/she will receive a dress down ticket on Thursday. This month, invited scholars are allowed to dress down in the color GREEN!
Our goal this year is 95% daily attendance. The only excused absences are those listed below.
OFFICIAL SCHOOL HOURS
Full Days: 8:00 am-3:30 pm
Half Days: 8:00 am -1:00 pm