January 15th through 29th
What's going on...
Friday, January 15th
- White cards for teachers are due today
Monday, January 18th
- NO SCHOOL-MLK Jr. Day
Tuesday, January 19th
- CRE Sped meeting 12:30PM
Wednesday, January 20th
- 9:30 to 10AM-Angie subbing for Becky so she can go watch a team meeting.
Thursday, January 21st
- 8:30-9:30-Angie subbing for Laura F so she can go watch a team meeting.
- SAT/Vertical Team combo meeting 3:30 to 4:30PM-media center
Friday, January 22nd
- Angie at Aslin for District Support Team Meeting 8AM to 9AM
- Celebration Assembly in gym 2:30 to 3PM
- Time for Kids address campaign starts today and materials sent home with students.
- Winter Wonderland Staff Party Vineyards Subdivision Clubhouse, 5001 Stone Mountain Parkway. Sign up to bring something along with your own beverages. :)
Saturday, January 23rd
- CPS Employment Fair at Smithton Middle School 9 to 11AM
Monday, January 25th
- K-2 Math Leadership Team at Aslin 3:30 to 5PM
- Title I Dinner Meeting at Aslin-select lucky teachers, Title I (Sarah), 4 to 5 parents attend. 5:30 to 6:30PM
Tuesday, January 26th
- Fire Drill weather permitting at 2:30PM
- 3-5 Math Leadership Team at Aslin 3:30 PM to 5PM
Wednesday, January 27th
- Early Dismissal at 12:50PM
- Main Computer Lab at Aslin for Collab Day with MIdway Teachers 1:30 to 3PM
Thursday, January 28th
- Family Math Night 5PM to 6:30PM
Friday, January 29th
- Conference Preference Note sent home with students today
News to know...
- Current MAP Realities:
Our current assessment calendar lists the window as April 18 – May 13. [Note: The state window is from April 4 – May 27]. As a district we can select to test within the state’s window. We have typically tried to keep the window about 3 weeks to minimize the need to test students who transfer into our district at the end of the school year.
In order to accommodate the request to test later, we will move the district window back one week to April 25 – May 20. Our goal will be to have all testing completed by May 13, with the last week for emergency contingencies.
One additional note, we are hearing from DESE that there will be field test items embedded in the test. This will mean that there will be more items than what will be scored for the student. It will not be clear or obvious which items are field test and which are “live”. As a result the test may be a bit longer than what we experienced last year.
- Teams, please make sure you put your collaboration day agendas in the share folder for Collab Days. I will need copies of these and your notes for Title purposes. Just type on your agendas on your meeting day and save them as meeting minutes in that folder. Thanks!