FBC Church Talk
Loving people so they will move forward on life's journey
Are you ready for Sunday?
Listen to the songs we will sing this week as you prepare to participate in worship.
BEGINS AUGUST 17 AT 6PM (1st-4th & 5th-6th Groups)
We Have Openings!
1. Meet the Teacher August 9. We still need 1 or 2 adults who would be willing to meet with a few youth at the Ninth Grade Campus at 6pm to 7:30pm (table and chairs provided by school) and represent our Church. Very casual, meet and greet people as they come to Meet the Teacher for the upcoming High School Year.
2. Crowley Police Department Monthly Dinner - Calling all small groups, ministries, and committees! There are still some months open to sign up to GO to the police Department and serve those who serve us. 3rd Monday of each month. 5 pm until about 6:30pm. See the sign up page in the foyer for openings.
Please feel free to reach out to Tim Gould (email@example.com or 817-586-5884) with questions regarding our Community Engagements Events, or ideas for Community Engagement Events you would be willing to host.
NEW Sermon Series Begins September 11
Go and make disciples of all the nations....
The mission of FBC is to make disciples of all the residents in Crowley and the surrounding area.
How do YOU fit into that mission? Have you considered that question? You have a mission that helps to achieve the larger mission of FBC which helps achieve the Great Commission that Jesus gave before he ascended to the Father.
This series of messages is taken from Matthew 10
Sept 11 - The Mission (1-8)
Sept 18 - The Environment (8-15)
Sept 25 - The Threats (16-25)
Oct 2 - The Tactics (26-31)
Oct 9 - The Responsibilities (32-42)
I encourage you to begin praying through this chapter and allowing the Holy Spirit to guide your thoughts to better understand the situation, the mission, and the opportunity.
Ask God, "Who's the ONE person I need to talk to about Jesus?"
That's where we begin. Start today. Change a life tomorrow.
October Emphasis on Fasting
Prayer Lunch October 2
That's not a typo! We are going to have a prayer lunch on October 2 as we start the month of fasting. As incredible as that seems it is possible. Watch this video to know more about fasting.
Each person will be encouraged to "fast" on a day in October. During this time of fasting you are to focus on the Lord. A prayer guide will be provided for you. The purpose is so that we can experience the presence of God in new ways and to seek the Lord's face concerning the needs of our church.
We Need You
So many of you are a delight to be around and we think it's time to put those smiles to work. Look for a form next in Church Talk that you can fill out showing your interest. What kind of things need to be done?
Open the campus
Close the campus
Parking Lot helpers
Greeters at the entrances
Sign up today!
“Pedley, who was a well-known natural simpleton, was wont to say, "God help the fool." None are more ready to pity the folly of others than those who have a small share of wit themselves. "There is no love among Christians," cries the man who is destitute of true charity. "Zeal has vanished," exclaims the idle talker. "O for more consistency," groans out the hypocrite. "We want more vital godliness," protests the false pretender. As in the old legend, the wolf preached against sheep-stealing, so very many hunt down those sins in others, which they gladly shelter in themselves.”
Please join with us on Sunday mornings at 8:30 a.m. in the conference room to pray for Pastor Aaron, the church staff, and the needs of the church as well as pray for the day’s event - Bible study and the worship service.
Below are some items that can be used as your guideline for praying each day this week:
- Pray for Pastor Aaron as he prepares and delivers the message on Sunday, August 14th, 2022, from Matthew 7:7-12 that talks about “Developing Good Habits”.
- Praise God for the financial support of the church by the people during the usually lean summer month of July.
- Ask our Heavenly Father to help each of us to …not judge, so that we won’t be judged.
- Pray for teachers as they have already returned to school.
- Pray for the teachers as the students arrive this week.
- Pray for students to be respectful of their teachers.
- Pray to our Lord and Savior that He will send us children and their families for the Back to School Celebration to take place this coming Sunday, 8/14 at 4:30 p.m.
- Ask our Abba Father to provide children to participate in the soon-to-be-started activities on Wednesdays.
- Praise God for the workers who have already begun preparation for the Wednesday night children’s activities to start on 8/17 at 6:00 p.m.
- Ask our Heavenly Father to guide Pastor Jaime Perez as he leads Iglesia Vida Nueva (Hispanic church).
- Pray for Dexter Laureano as he leads the Redeemer Community Church (Filipino congregation).
- Keith is on Sabbatical July 18- Aug 14
- Community Engagement Team: for more information please contact Tim Gould.
- Praise God for July's tithes and offerings! We pray for that to continue.
- Children's Ministry begins Wednesday nights Aug 17. Back to School Event Aug 14!
1. We desire to see every person in Crowley and the near regions become disciples of Jesus who make disciples of Jesus. We are a Bible-believing church. Our command from God is to make disciples. However, that looks and feels different than it did when I was a kid! People are farther away from God than ever before. It takes more "touches" and deeper relationships before there can be spiritual conversations.
2. We will love people so they can move forward on life's journey. We have been saying this for a few months now, but want to keep saying it until we live it out everywhere we go! Because people are farther away from God than ever before we must choose to love them with patience, kindness, respect, and conversations - many conversations! We have to respect them as humans before we can discuss other matters. We must be patient with people as they work through the trauma that church and Christians have given over the years.
3. We have established a code of conduct for the FBC family:
- Accept — We provide a welcoming, non-judgmental and safe space where you can take steps of spiritual growth. We are a group open to new ideas and people. We would love to meet you.
- Recognition — We find the good in people and love to share it with others. We would love to get to know you.
- Inspire — We motivate to mobilize people to fulfill their God-given potential. Let us help you reach the heights for which you are designed.
- Serve — We engage our church and community by service projects, providing help when possible and sharing community resources.
- Evangelism — We want to build real, trusting, relationships in order to share the gospel of Jesus Christ that leads to life transformation.