Keeping Up with Kipling!
December 3, 2021
I hope you had a wonderful week!
Here are some important dates:
Monday, December 6th - PTO Gift Drop off at Kipling School
Tuesday, December 7th - Shield Testing Day
Wednesday, December 8th - Early Release
Wednesday, December 8th - PTO Gift Pick up
Friday, December 10th - Spirit Day - Wear your favorite sport team or represent your favorite sport
Please keep in mind that MAP testing starts up shortly after we get back from Winter Break on January 10th.
Please remind your Kipling Cougar to be kind to one another. I am sure that this is something you tell your children often, however, it is always a good reminder. I am noticing that from time to time, we forget to be kind while we are playing games out at recess or while working with other children in the classroom. As a reminder, if someone is saying something or doing something that we don't care for, our Kipling students are told to do these steps:
1. Tell that person kindly to stop - Please stop calling me Mr. Elby - my name is Mr. Elbert.
2. Tell that person to stop assertively - Knock that off! My name is Mr. Elbert!
3. Tell a teacher or grown up. If you tell that person that you tried nice and you tried tough but now I need your help, it shows that you did those steps already!
As always, please let me know if you have any questions.
Assigned Bus Seats
PTO Gift Drive Information
All items for the Holiday Gift Drive must be dropped off at Kipling on Monday, December 6th from 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM or 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM.
- Please Make Sure Items Are Wrapped, Labeled With The Family Member (Example: Family A1) & Include Gift Receipts. If You Purchased A Gift Card For A Family Member, Please Put In An Envelope With The Denomination Indicated.
- Hope Closet Items Do Not Need To Be Wrapped. General Gift Cards That Are NOT For A Specific Family Member Do Not Need To Be Placed In An Envelope. Please Just Write The Dollar Amount On The Gift Card.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact:
Joey Rosen (email@example.com)
Karin Kreisman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Elise Kleinberg (email@example.com).
Thank you for your support and participation!!
The Philanthropy Committee
Winter Weather Information
A reminder that this week, the district sent out updated information regarding winter weather and our plans for this year. If we can predict that a lot of snow will fall, students/staff/families will be given a heads up for a potential e-learning day. Click below to read more on the district website.
TEXT/EMAIL/ROBOCALL TEST HAPPENING NEXT WEEK
OPTIONAL VACCINE DISCLOSURE FOR STUDENTS AGES 5+
Many families have recently chosen to have their 5-11 year old student vaccinated.
As a reminder, your child is not considered fully vaccinated until two weeks after receiving their second dose.
You can complete an optional form in Family Access to let DPS 109 know that your child is vaccinated. This is the same form that was made available to students ages 12 and older earlier this year. Please click below to log into Family Access.
Why are we asking for this information?
A major benefit of completing the form is that if your child is deemed to be a close contact to a positive case, either in school or outside of it, our contact tracing team will quickly be able to potentially rule out quarantine for those that have voluntarily disclosed their child’s vaccination status or minimize the number of additional tests required to participate in the test to stay program.
Again, filing out this form is entirely optional. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will put you in touch with the appropriate department.