By Jadyn Lopez
- 1. A disease, occurring chiefly in old age, in which the bones become enlarged and weakened, often resulting in fracture or deformation.
- 2. A form of breast cancer affecting the areola and nipple.
- 3. A skin cancer arising from apocrine sweat glands.
- Bone pain, some people mistake it for common pains
- Deformed bones, such as bowed leg, curved spine, and enlarged skull or hips
- Broken bones or fractures
How do you become affected:
- People with Paget's Disease have to much enzymes in their blood.
- Paget's Disease is diagnosed with X-rays, so the doctor with scan your whole body to see whether you have it or not.
- Osteoporosis drugs, which are commonly given as and oral medication
- Surgery is a less common treatment for this disease
- People 40 and older are most commonly affected by this disease
- Men are more commonly affected than women
- The disease is most common in England, Scotland, central Europe, and Greece. It's uncommon in Scandinavia and Asia.
- If you have a close relative with Paget's Disease, you are more likely to get it your self.