January 14, 2019
Chronic Absence Update-24.8%
Attendance Next Steps
Going forward we will begin targeted outreach.
Our goal over the next 6 weeks is to move 10 students from moderate to at risk.
The attendance team will be:
- celebrating students with satisfactory attendance
- reaching out daily to targeted families
- scheduling SART (Student Attendance Review Team) Meetings
All adults should engage in active supervision (scanning, moving around, and anticipating issues) during recess and yard duty. It only takes a second for something to happen.
All personal days must be requested in advance via email.
It is a district requirement that all staff use their OUSD email for communication. Please ensure you check your OUSD email at least once daily. Reach out if you can not access your email account.
2nd through 5th grade students should take the SRI this month.
The 2nd Trimester Prep/Enrichment schedule begins this week.
F&Ps for all students below grade level should be given by Jan 31st. Please reach out if you have any questions.
Cycle 3- Writing
Professional Learning Community 1/16
- Please bring student work aligned to your goal
Complex Text Reminders
- interacting with complex text daily
- answering text-based questions
- responding in writing
- Cost Meeting 11 to 12
- Staff Meeting
- Vision to Learn on Site
- Minimum Day
- Howard Professional Development 2 to 3:30
- Howard Collaboration 3:30 to 4:00
Upcoming January Events
1/21 No School
1/23 Howard Oratorical
1/24 Minimum Day
1/24 Howard STEAM Night
1/25 Professional Development Day
1/28 Faculty Council