September 27th, 2015
Happy Homecoming Week!
Celebrate Good Times!
1. Another week of 10-1 positive to negative referrals. Keep up the awesome work, FMS Students!!!
2.Percentage of Students here 90% of the time: 90.58% (goal 90%)
Great job, FMS!
3. Our first activity night was an HUGE hit! Our students had a blast. Thank you to Stuco for sponsoring and all of our wonderful parent and teacher volunteers for helping!
What's Happening at FMS
- Homecoming Spirit Week! See below for the spirit days. Also, we have a 1 hour early dismissal on Friday.
- There are several sports and club meetings this week. You can find information and details here: http://www.fulton58.org/vnews/display.v/SEC/Fulton%20Middle%20School
- Our daily announcements are also posted on our website each day. Check them out here: http://www.fulton58.org/vnews/display.v/SEC/Fulton%20Middle%20School%7CDaily%20Announcements
Homecoming Spirit Week!
Spirit Week September 28th - October 2nd!
(of course all outfits must still follow dress code)
Monday - September 28th is Favorite Sea Creature Day
Dress as a sea creature!
Wear a fish on your shirt!
Embrace your inner sea creature!
Tuesday, September 29th is Tacky Tourist Day
Dress like a tourist
Wednesday, September 30 is Would you leave me on a deserted island if I wore this on Wednesday?
Wear weird clothes
Ya know those ugly shirts you never wear - break ‘em out!
Thursday - October 1st is Shipwrecked Day
Dress up like you’ve been trapped on an Island for a month!
Friday, October 2nd - Ohana Day (Ohana means family)
Wear your homecoming shirt!
Wear Hawaiian to the football game!
Homecoming week fun continues with the Fulton High School Student Council hosting a family fun night with the showing of Lilo and Stitch on Wednesday, September 30th at 8:00 pm on the baseball field at FHS. ALL AGES ARE WELCOME! The costs is $2 per person or $5 per family. Concessions will be available.
Fall Student-Led Conferences
When: Wednesday, September 30th and Wednesday October 7th
(3:30-7 each night) Pick which night and time work best for your family.
During 1st hour on Monday, September 28th, our students will learn how to log in and check grades. They will report their grades on the goal sheet we've developed for conferences (see below). Then, each student will write one area of strength and one area of growth for each class.
What will families do?Students and their families will report to the gym first to get grade cards and goal sheets. Students should find an area in the gym to go over the goal sheets with you. They will then pick 3 or more of the activities from the back of the goal sheet to complete. Be sure to turn in your completed form back into the office before you leave. Each student that attends conferences and completes the activities will earn a lunch/recess on the football field.
Goal Sheets and Conference Activities
Student Expectations at Events
FMS Football Game Location Update
Dear FMS Familes: Please complete this survey https://missouri.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_1Ya3sGmPZ9ft8CF as a way for us to communicate to you when the PTO has events that need volunteers. You are not committing to anything, only giving us a chance to ask if you can help.
· Providing food for Parent teacher conference (Sept 30 and October 2)
· Helping out at the book fair (Sept. 28 – Oct. 2)
· Helping out at Activity night (tba)
· Helping to sell spirit wear (tba)
· Supporting teachers during appreciation week (tba)
· Anything else you might want to do (tba)