CSMA March 2021 News!
A brief newsletter to share big news!
I can't begin to thank you enough for your support this year! Because of your willingness to follow guidelines by keeping your children home if they have been sick or exposed has helped keep everyone healthy and well and I am beyond grateful.
On March 8th, Superintendent Testani announced that we will be changing our schedule on April 19th to 4 days of In-Person instruction. A full remote option will still be offered, however, a hybrid schedule is no longer an option. Please contact the Linwood or Beechwood Campus offices to request Remote to In-Person changes. All changes must be received by Friday, March 19th and will take effect Monday, April 19th.
Wednesdays will continue to be remote half days for everyone.
Please remember, if you have been exposed to COVID-19, or someone in your household tests positive, there are quarantine guidelines that must be followed. Please contact the office to report a COVID case/exposure. If you have questions, or need guidance, please contact Nurse Teri (203-275-4256) or Nurse Bristhole (203-275-4204).
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call us at either CSMA locations:
Beechwood Campus: 203-275-4250
Linwood Campus: 203-275-4200
Yours in partnership,
Women's History Month
Key Takeaways: Women's History Month
- Women’s History Month is an annual celebration honoring the contributions of women to American history, culture, and society.
- Women’s History Month is observed annually during March to coincide with International Women’s Day on March 8.
- Women’s History Month grew out of a Women’s History Week celebrated in Sonoma County, California, in 1978.
- In 1980, President Jimmy Carter proclaimed the week of March 8th, 1980 as the first National Women’s History Week.
- Women’s History Week was expanded to Women’s History Month by the U.S. Congress in 1987.
Dates to Remember
March 10th - Marking Period 3 Progress Reports Emailed
March 10th - Pre-Kindergarten Registration begins
March 12th - Last day to apply to the 2021-2022 Magnet Lottery
*Please be sure to complete sibling information if you have a child of a currently enrolled student who you would like to attend next year.
March 12th - PD Day for Staff - NO live and NO in-person classes
March 19th - Deadline to request Remote to In-Person changes
March 26th - Lottery Results Emailed
March 26th - DRESS DOWN DAY for $1- Push Against Cancer
April 2nd - Marking Period 3 Closes
Health and Wellness Announcement
- Please check your child/children for symptoms of illness daily.
- If your child is feeling sick or has been in contact with a COVID-19 positive individual STAY HOME. DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO SCHOOL IF THEY WERE IN CONTACT WITH A POSITIVE INDIVIDUAL. YOUR CHILD MUST QUARANTINE FOR 14 DAYS.
- Please continue to report COVID-19 cases to the school during virtual learning.
- Contact Mrs. Davis and Nurse Bristhole/Nurse Teri with any health related questions or concerns: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Remote Learning Reminders
- Get up and get ready for school daily. Have your child find a place where they can sit up and focus on their classwork.
- Cameras should be ON at all times for attendance to count.
- Be actively present! Students should keep the camera on, open assignments during class, and contribute when called on or use the chat.
- TEAMS calls are for students only. If you have classroom questions or concerns, please call the main office or email the teacher.
- Attendance counts! All students should be attending classes daily.
- Devices are for academics only and should not be used for personal use outside of class time and homework. Students should not be creating chats or meetings that are not related to school work.
Pre-Kindergarten Registration opens March 10th
2021-2022 Lottery is Open until March 12th
All PreK families MUST submit an application to be entered into the lottery, acceptance is not guaranteed.
Siblings will automatically be accepted to Kindergarten but must complete online application with sibling information included. 1st - 8th grade siblings will be brought to the top of the waiting list, please include sibling information in your application. 4th -8th grade applicants must meet academic, behavior, and attendance requirements.
Contact Mrs. Jorge
Contact Mrs. Davis or Mrs. Peloso-Ulreich
Contact Ms. Rosa