The Eagle Flyer
September 8, 2021
A Message from Mrs. Fantaskey
Health & Safety Updates - On Friday, September 3, 2021, Dr. Lucabaugh shared the most recent district updates to our Health and Safety plan and the masking order effective 9/7/2021. I have included the link to that information in this newsletter. Please review the information carefully.
Back to School Night - Grades 4 -6, PEN & LS has been rescheduled to Monday, September 13th. We hope to see you there.
TEAM Doyle - We officially kicked off the new year last week, as I visited each classroom and shared our theme and expectations for this school year! It was so fun to see all of our Soaring Eagles! They were especially excited to receive their very own TEAM DOYLE T-shirt! We have rescheduled our spirit day to Friday, September 10th! All students and staff should wear their TEAM Doyle shirts this Friday!
Wishing you all a wonderful week 2 of school, as we continue to build positive classroom communities at Doyle!
Mark Your Calendar!
Monday, September 13, 2021
- 6th Grade Team-building Workshop at Elbow Lane
- Back To School NIght for Grade 4 - 6
- 6th Grade Team-building Workshop at Elbow Lane
- No School (Yom Kippur)
- Back to School Picnic (5:30 PM - 7:30 PM)
- Home and School General Meeting (6PM)
Back to School Night for Grades 4-6, PEN & LS
6:15 PM: Doors will open for arrival at 6:15 and parents are welcome to visit various informational tables that will be set up in the gym. Visit our Specialists Squad, DHSA Volunteer Sign Ups, Spirit Wear, and Cub Scouts in the gym. Parents will go directly to their child's classroom to begin the evening, as we will not meet as a large group prior to the teacher presentations.
6:30 PM: Mrs. Fantaskey will welcome parents and provide general information over the intercom. DHSA will provide announcements will be shared as part of the teacher's presentation.
Teachers will begin their classroom presentations following the announcements.
*PEN BTSN begins at 6:00 PM
Reminder - Health & Safety Plan for Visitors & Parents:
As per the district H & S Plan, during times of required masking,
- All students, employees, and visiting guests, regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear a mask WHILE INDOORS on district grounds.
- While participating in indoor/outdoor sports or extra-curricular activities
- While eating, drinking, or snacking (during such times, the mask will be removed and then put back in place when finished).
- While working in isolation within an enclosed office, classroom, bus/van, or other district vehicle
CBSD will accept visitor mask exemptions.
- Complete the CBSD Visitor Mask Exemption Form
- Return the signed exemption form to the principal
Welcome to TEAM Doyle
- Mrs. Lauren Alonso, Learning Support Teacher
- Mrs. Becky, Emmett, QUEST Teacher
- Ms. Olivia Detorre, Teacher of the Visually Impaired (BCIU)
- Mrs. Jodi Cox, Orientation & Mobility Specialist (BCIU)
- Mrs. Kaci Reilly, PCA
- Ms. Kaitlyn Plunkett, PCA
Mrs. Laura Pat has recently accepted a position which has offered her a wonderful opportunity closer to her home. Please join me in thanking Mrs. Pat for her amazing contributions to our Doyle community and in wishing her well in her new endeavor. Please see her message to our students below.
Doyle Teachers Preparing for the 21-22 School Year
CBSD Farmer's Market - Wednesday 9/8
CB Farmers Market at Barclay Reopens on Wednesday, September 8th at 4:30
Any Central Bucks family who may need a little extra food assistance is welcome to join us on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of every month at Barclay Elementary School. Our drive-up food distributions run from 4:30 to 5:30 PM. We generally have free dry goods, fresh produce, milk, eggs, and bread, and often have some frozen meat and poultry. At each event we pass out an average of 12,000-15,000 pounds of food.
The CB Farmers Market started in 2019 as a monthly market that distributed free produce. At the start of the pandemic, we recognized a significant need in our community, with many families needing food assistance for the first time in their lives. As our operations grew, so did our network of amazing individuals and community organizations—all of whom are committed to addressing food insecurity in the Central Bucks School District. By our estimates, 1,500 CB children may experience temporary or chronic food insecurity—a statistic which should not exist in a community with our resources.
Our completely volunteer-run and managed organization was founded on two beliefs: 1) During times of need, which we all experience in one form or another, we should be able to count on the compassion and support of our neighbors; and 2) Our community’s collective commitment to our children is a bond much stronger than all of the other forces that might otherwise divide us.
We hope to see many families at our food distribution on September 8th at 4:30. No advanced sign-up is necessary. We kindly ask that you do not line up before 4:30, and that you do not block our neighbors’ driveways. They are very understanding and supportive of our work, but also need to come and go during our events. This month, with the support of many generous donors, we’ll also have a large stock of free school supplies. If you have any questions about the market, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
The Central Bucks School District will be changing the way in which absences are reported, beginning with the start of this upcoming school year on August 30, 2021. The following items are some key points to be aware of.
- Parents and guardians will be able to submit absence requests via the Parent Portal. Parents can request a full day absence, early dismissal, or late arrival.
- Absence requests will be reviewed by School Attendance Staff and approved or denied.
- Requests made using the Parent Portal will also serve as the excuse for the absence. Parents will not be required to submit an excuse either electronic or written.
- Parents and guardians can also still call the school to report an absence, but emails will no longer be accepted.
In addition, when a student is absent from school, but the school did not receive communication from the parent or guardian, the following communication will be sent:
- A text message will be sent midmorning notifying the parent or guardian of the absence
- An email will also be sent at the end of the school day reminding the parent or guardian that the student was marked absent.
Information regarding how to use the Parent Portal to report an absence can be found here.
Arrival & Dismissal Procedures
Our arrival and dismissal procedures can be found on our website. Follow the link below for a detailed description for walkers, bus riders, and car riders. If your child's regular dismissal is changing on a given day, please notify the office by calling 267-893-4300, or emailing Mrs. Ernst at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CBSD Bus Transportation
Bus information for students in grades K-12 is available through the "Transportation Tab" in the Parent Portal. As we work to establish our dismissal routine during the first weeks of school, please know it may take a little longer. We appreciate your patience.
Your student may ride only the bus to which he/she has been assigned unless an Alternate Bus Stop Request has been approved. Information on Alternate Bus Stop Requests can be found HERE. The Central Bucks Transportation Department will approve requests for childcare or shared custody* situations only as long as certain criteria are met. Parents may access an Alternate Bus Stop Request form by clicking HERE and either fax 267-893-5830 or mail directly to the Central Bucks Transportation Department, 320 West Swamp Road, Doylestown, PA 18901.
Free Meals for ALL Students
In April 2021, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food and Nutrition Service extended the program that will provide for free meals for all students, regardless of income, for the 2021-22 school year. This has been made possible by nationwide waivers that provide for free meals for all students through June 2022. All menus are available to be viewed online up to 2 weeks in advance by visiting cbsd.nutrislice.com.
Students are entitled to one complete reimbursable breakfast per day and one complete reimbursable lunch per day. Any second entrée will be charged to the students’ lunch account. We encourage all families to put money on their students account through MySchoolBucks.com as there will be no cash transactions this year in an effort to serve the students as safely and swiftly as possible.
We are thrilled to continue to safely serve students delicious, fresh and nutritious meals at no charge, and we are equally excited to re-introduce our favorite programs to deliver fun, exciting and tasty experiences to students throughout the coming year.
2021-2022 REQUIRED HEALTH EXAMS
The State of Pennsylvania requires students in certain grades to have health exams.
- Students entering Kindergarten & all students new to the district - Dental and Physical Exam
- Students entering Grades 3 & 7--Dental Exam
- Dental Examination Form
- Students entering Grade 6 & 11-- Physical Exam
- Medical Examination Form
The exams must be completed after 9/1/2020. The completed health forms are due to the health office no later than October 15, 2021. You can upload your completed exam forms to your child’s parent portal. Please keep a copy of the health form for your records.
A Medication dispensing form is required for ANY medication taken at school. You can find the form on Doyle’s Health Office Page under FORMS.
MEDICAL CONDITIONS AND ACTION PLANS
If your child has any health conditions such as food allergies, asthma, migraine headaches, seizure disorder or cardiac condition that requires emergency medication at school, please get an action plan and doctors order from your physician and send in PRIOR to the first day of school.
Parent Portal Access
Join us for the annual Doyle Elementary Back to School Picnic on Tuesday, September 21st at 5:30 PM. Bring your own picnic dinner, drinks, lawn games and chairs for a night of catching up with old friends and meeting new ones.
New this year, we will have Big Guy's Hot Dog Truck serving hot dogs, kielbasa, hamburgers, nachos and drinks. A portion of all sales will be donated to the Doyle HSA. Sloby Ice Cream Truck will also be onsite for dessert. Cash or credit cards are accepted for both trucks.
There’s Always Something Going on at Doyle!
Doyle Home and School sponsored events provide even more opportunities for fun and academic development. Parents and Guardians can stay on top of all special events and activities and jump right into all the fun by following us on social media!
Follow us on Facebook (Private Group: Doyle Elementary Parents), not a fan of FB, we're also on Instagram (PARENTS_OF_DOYLE_ES_CBSD) and Twitter (@ParentsofDoyle)!
Doyle Home & School - Dollars for Doyle
Resources & Quick Links for Families
Doyle Elementary School Information
Doyle is an "A" School
- Arrival begins at 8:15 AM
- Student Day Begins at 8:35 AM
- Student Day Ends at 3:15 PM
- Dismissal Ends at 3:35 PM
- For early dismissal days- dismissal begins at 11:55 AM
- For 2 hour delay days- arrival begins at 10:15 and the student day begins at 10:35
- Morning Kindergarten begins at 8:35 AM (arrival begins at 8:15 AM) and ends at 11:10 AM
- Afternoon Kindergarten begins at 12:40 PM and ends at 3:15 PM
- A few years ago, we implemented a “modified kindergarten” schedule on weather delay days. The schedule will be as follows for Doyle:
- AM Students 10:35 AM – 12:20 PM and PM Students 1:30 PM – 3:15 PM
Cub Scout Pack 24 is welcoming boys and girls from kindergarten through 5th grade from Doyle Elementary and surrounding regions and schools. We accept kids year round but now is the best time to sign up!
We plan to have our First Pack Meeting of the year on Friday, October 1 and launch some model rockets that the kids build themselves. Sign up at https://forms.gle/eDoccWN36vRScBBm6 so that we can send you more details!
If you want to learn more check out our website
Hope to see yall soon!