School Closing Updates
April 28 2020
Remote Teacher Planning Day
The next teacher Remote Planning Day will be on Monday, May 4, 2020. Students do not have to participate in Remote Learning on this day. Kindergarten packets for the remainder of the school year will be available to pickup starting Tuesday, May 5, 2020 from 8:00 am - 1:00 pm. The packet can be picked up daily in the east building corridors.
3rd Quarter Report Cards
Thank you for your patience as we developed an electronic report card. The 3rd quarter report card is now available for kindergarten through 8th grade by accessing your PowerSchool account.
- If you are a parent/guardian of a kindergarten through 2nd grade student and do not have access to PowerSchool, you should have received an access ID and access password from your child's teacher through ClassDojo.
- If you are a parent/guardian of a 3rd-8th grade student who has not accessed the parent account, please contact Mr. Fairman (technology coordinator) at email@example.com for the access ID and access password.
- If you forgot your username and/or password, email Mrs. Sopata at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are two links below that can help you retrieve your child's 3rd quarter report cards:
- Creating a Parent Account in PowerSchool - If you have not accessed PowerSchool before, use this document to guide you. You must have an access ID and password to complete this process.
- How to Access Your Report Card - Parent/Student - Once you have access to PowerSchool, or if you do already, you can view your child's report card. Follow the directions in this document. Students access their report the same way that their parents do.
Questions about the End of the Year and the Beginning of the Next School Year
How does my child collect his/her belongings at school since in-person learning will not be taking place?
We will be sending out information in regards to picking up your child's belongings soon. Please stay tuned. In the meantime, please look for any library books at home that need to be returned to Komarek.
What will happen with mandatory and enrichment summer schools?
At this time, Komarek School is investigating potential summer school programming -- either in person or virtually depending on State's expectations. Our goal is to offer an education opportunity during the summer. Please stay tuned for more information.
How are iPads and Chromebooks collected prior to the end of the school year?
The plan is to collect devices the week of June 1st. However, if enrolled in a Komarek summer school class, and your child needs a district issued device to participate, there will be an opportunity to keep the device throughout the course(s).
*As a reminder, offering a summer school program is dependent on guidelines from the State, staff interest, and student interest,.