November 1, 2018
2nd Grade Field Trip
Warwick’s 2nd graders spent a beautiful fall day at the Churchville Nature Center to learn how the Lenape community utilized the resources around them to survive. They were inspired by the creativity and inventiveness used to create fire, canoes, clay, and so much more.
From Student Council
Leukemia & Lymphoma Drive:
Thank you to all our families for their generous donations to support our Leukemia & Lymphoma Drive. The online donations page will be accepting donations until Friday, November 9th. Congratulations to the following classrooms who collected the most coins for our drive:
- Mrs. Jacob’s 2nd grade class – most pennies
- Mrs. Jethon’s 4th grade class – most nickels AND dimes
- Mrs. Dougherty’s 1st grade class – most quarters
- Mrs. Hartzell’s 5th grade class – most mixed change
- Mrs. Egan’s 5th grade class – most paper money
Treats for Troops:
Warwick will be collecting Halloween candy for Troops from Friday, November 2nd until Monday, November 5th.
Student council will again be sponsoring Operation Shoebox at Warwick. Operation Shoebox is a chance to spread joy to needy children around the world. These children typically do not have running water and/or much food to eat, so the delivery of a special package from America filled with small toys or kid-things can really put a smile on a child’s face around the holidays. If you would like to participate in this great project that makes us think about children who have needs in other parts of the world, please consider bringing in an item assigned to your grade:
- Kindergarten & 1st grade – small simple toys – Yoyos, jump ropes, balls, toy cars, harmonicas, light-up toys with batteries etc. (must fit in shoe-box)
- 2nd & 3rd grade - School or art supplies- pens, pencils, sharpeners, crayons, markers, note pads, coloring books and picture books, clay, solar calculators
- 4th & 5th grade - Accessories- socks, sunglasses, hair clips, toothpaste, toothbrushes, soap, combs, flashlights (with extra batteries) and so on
- 6th grade – books, magazines, stuffed animals, or any of above.
Do not include used items, war-related items (guns, military figures, etc), food, liquids or lotions, anything breakable.
All items are due by Wednesday, November 15th. We will be packing the boxes that afternoon after school (6th graders will be assisting). Thank you for supporting our project!
Congratulations to our Boomerang Nominees!
October's Asset #22: School Engagement
Young person is actively engaged in learning.
Grade 2: Ava G, Leah T.
Grade 3: Travis H, Madilyn M, Anthony P.
Grade 4, Matthew D, Breanna F, Amanda S.
Grade 5: Michal A, Christian G, Ashlynne H, Aidan K, Sara R, Victoria R, Brady W, Yani X.
Grade 6: Grant C.
Before parents and guardians can volunteer, they must have all necessary clearances. Click here so you are ready when volunteer opportunities arise.
Parent Positive: Strengthening Family When Faced with Adversity
Thursday, Nov. 8th, 7pm
313 West State Street
Please join Doylestown Health Medical Staff clinicians to learn practical tips and effective coping strategies to implement as a family when faced with adversity. Topics include how the family structure impacts both child and adult health, dealing with an ill child in the hospital and positive coping methodologies with an aging loved one. Following the presentation, there will be a panel discussion. Babysitting will be provided for children in Kindergarten thru 6th grade, pre-registration is required. Please register here!
Celebrate Education Week
School Visits and Security
Young Engineers' Night
Thursday, Nov. 15th, 6-8pm
2804 Holicong Road
Box Top Winners
- Endy/6th Grade 1,060
- Desselet/4th Grade 911
- Melvin/1st Grade 770
To date, 8,678 Box Tops have been submitted for Warwick Elementary. Everyone should be very proud! Thank you for your Box Top Spirit!
PTO Halloween Howl
PTO Warwick Family Scarecrow Contest
Firely Family (silly)
Graham and Stavchanskyiy (Mario)
Morgan Family (life animated)
Rice and Peter's Families
Moriarty Family (King of crows)
Aluise Family (Cartoon)
The scarecrows helped us get ready for fun fall celebrations and the arrival of our Warwick Pumpkin Patch!
PTO Chick-fil-A Spirit Night
Wednesday, Nov. 14th, 4-8pm
45 Street Road
Help Support Warwick
You can support Warwick while you shop. It is easy! Here is how...
- Giant A+: Go to https://giantfoodstores.com/ and select SIGN IN or REGISTER. Once Logged in, select MY ACCOUNT, then MANAGE MY ACCOUNT, then REWARDS & SAVINGS. You will need your 11-digit BONUSCARD number and school ID number which is 26483. If you need assistance, cal 1-888-814-4268 option 1.
- Box Tops: Please clip Box Tops and return them to school.
- Amazon Smile: Go to Amazon Smile and use the search feature to find Warwick Elementary PTO in Jamison, PA. When shopping at Amazon, use Amazon Smile to benefit Warwick.
Thank you for your continued support!
Click here to learn more about our amazing PTO and how you can get involved!
- Previous Warwick Weeklies
- Warwick Parent/Guardian Handbook
- Lunch Menu
- Apply for Free/Reduced Breakfast & Lunch
- Teacher Web Pages
- Parent/Guardian Volunteer Requirements
- PTO: A Letter from our President and PTO Web Page
- When to Keep your Student Home from School for Illness
- CBSD Mobile App - Parents and guardians can get a FREE CB App to keep up with all things Warwick and CB.
- Before/Aftercare at Warwick
- Parent Portal - Ongoing student progress reporting and more.
- CB Cares Education Foundation's Backpack Newsflash
- E-Friday Folder
- We Want to Hear from You - An online place to record feedback for us on how we did each week.
Follow us on Twitter
Get Warwick Tweets by following @CBWarwickElem on Twitter. Or you can view our Twitter feed by visiting our Warwick home page.
Follow/Like us on Facebook
New this year, Warwick has its own Facebook Page. We will use this to communicate highlights and upcoming events much like we do using Twitter.
Follow the instructions to download the free CBSD app to stay connected with all of your selected CBSD schools.