Weeding Assignment for the 950-959
Cook Middle School-Powell
Evaluation: Use of Data
All the books in the 950's section were ran through Title Wise Collection Analysis and 20 books were selected to be weeded from the collection. All 20 books were pulled and assessed to see if they met the criteria to be weeded. All 20 books were in good shape and their covers were free of damage. The next step was to see which of the books were accelerated reading books and those were placed back on the shelf. The next step was to look and see which books copyright date was 15 years or older. The books with a copyright date of 2001 or later were assessed for relevant content and if anyone had checked them out recently.
Evaluation:Curricular Needs-In seventh grade, World Area Studies are taught on Africa and Asia. The goal is for middle school students to become familiar or aware of the world in which they live. This area covers physical and geographical domains, types of governments and economics from these countries. The history of this section is to show events that played important roles throughout history.
- Places and People of the World China by Rebecca Stefoff- was selected because of the copyright date 1991 and the book has only been checked out once in 2010.
- Places and People of Vietnam by Wendy Cole- was selected because of the copyright date 1989 and the book has never been checked out from the media center.
- The Chinese Cultural Revolution by David Pietrusza- was selected because of the copyright date 1997 and has never been checkout from the media center.
- India by Adrian Mayer-was selected because of the copyright date 1995 and the book has not been checked out since 2011.
- Kazakhstan by Catherine Bradley-was selected because of the copyright date 1993 and the book has only been checked out once in 2007.
- The Central Asian States - by Paul Thomas-was selected because of the copyright date 1993 and the book has never been checked out from the media center. There were two copies of this book and both were weeded out.
- India in the Islamic era and Southeast Asia- by Donatella Dolcini-was selected because of the copyright date 1997 and the book has only been checked out once in 2006.
- This is India by Santha Rau Rama- was selected due to the copy being lost since 2008. There were two copies of this book one was lost in 2005 and the second one in 2008.
- The Land I Lost by Quang Nhuong Huynh- was selected due to the copy being lost since 2007.
The selected books will be disposed of by removing the barcodes from each book and marking out any markings inside the book that is in the media center. The books will then be deleted from the system. The books were than placed in a box and disposed by the custodial staff.