Know all about it!
PROCESSED FOODS AND FOOD ADDITIVES
Processed foods and food additives are used in foods and drinks for several reasons. Some of them are to keep food fresh or to preserve it. Chemicals used to preserve items are called preservatives. Some of the worst food additives found in most of the foods are:
* High Fructose Corn Syrup ( found in mostly every product )
* Trans fat ( bad fat )
* Aspartame ( found in food dyes )
* Food dyes ( give colours to food )
and sodium nitrate.
Not all food additives are bad for you. For example, natural sugar. Natural sugar is natural which means it's not harmful.
Some of the things that these additives cause in long-term situations are bad cholesterol levels, diabetes, heart diseases, strokes, anxiety, tumors, damaged tissues, headaches, kidney problems, organic disorders, cancer, stomach damage, bad skin problems, and asthma.
Processed foods contain many types of artificial ingredients and they lead to eating too much. Processed foods have a lot of sugar and they make normal foods taste good. Most processed foods don't have nutrients. Processed foods are low in fiber and they have a lot of bad fat (Trans Fat).
There is a bad kind of calorie which is empty calories. These are used in solid fats and in sugar. Some things we can do to stay healthy is to eat more fruits and vegetables. Another thing we can do is to cut down on meat.
1) More than 1/3 adults are obese and over 12.5 million children and teens are also obese in the US.
2) One can of soda has 10 teaspoons of sugar
3) Your body made up of 60% water.
4) Teenagers need more than 9 hours of sleep each night.
4) Diabetes has increased by over 33% in the last 20 years because the number of overweight people is also increasing.
5) The average american eats at McDonald's more than 1,800 times in their lifetime.
6) There are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people on the planet.
7) You burn more calories when you're sleeping than you do when you're watching TV.
8) In you're entire lifetime, you'll eat about 60,000 pounds of food, that's the weight of 6 elephants.
*Dietitian Of Canada
*9 ways that processed foods are harming people
*45 tips to having a healthier lifestyle
*10 processed foods to avoid