Bulldog Bulletin - April 7
You are a masterpiece. Make your mark!
Welcome back! I hope everyone was able to relax and enjoy the break in our schedule. I am grateful to have had the time to rest as well as have a few fun adventures with my family. Over break while in the office, I shifted some of my focus on important and exciting planning tasks for the 23-24 school year. There is so much to look forward to as we end the school year and plan for the next!
- If your child chose to participate in the Village of Homewood's Arbor Day Art Bag activity, please have them bring the bag to school to turn-in to their teacher this upcoming week.
- 5th grade students were asked to create a banner to deck the halls these final weeks of school. Please reach out to your child's teacher if you have questions or need assistance. Banners are due 4/24 and we can't wait to see the creativity!
- Our Early Act club is at it again! If you have items on thier donation list for the South Suburban Animal Shelter, please consider donating before 4/21 (kitten chow, canned cat food, puppy chow, dog and cat toys, blankets/rugs/towels, gallon trash bags, bleach, laundry detergent, wipes, paper towels, non-clumping litter, foil steamer trays). Thank you!
- Way-to-go to all of our staff and students who participated in tutoring. Tutoring completed right before break and we could not be more proud of everyone's hard work.
All-School Read Begins 💙📘
📆 IAR Schedule This Week
We got this! Our Churchill students are prepared and know their stuff! We appreciate your support in helping make this week a success.
- Ensure your child is in attendance and on time. We will begin testing at 8:45am.
- Check that your child has a fully charged laptop and a working pair of headphones.
- Make sure your child is well-rested and has a healthy breakfast as they start their day.
- Encourage your child to work hard and to do their best.
🍕 School Lunch Menu - APRIL
🙌 Loud and Proud - Go Bulldogs!
🐾 Stepping Up
Registration for the 23-24 school opens for returning students on Tuesday, April 18th. Your prompt action in completing this task helps so much as we plan for the new school year. Please take a few moments to complete your child's registration on parent portal for the 23-24 school year once it opens.
Stay tuned for more details about informative and fun step-up activities for all rising 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders!
In addition, rising 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade families will soon receive an email with the opportunity to complete a student information form as part of our class placement process. We work hard to ensure that families have a voice in the process and that all students are placed with a "just right" teacher and classroom. Many things are considered when making decisions about class placement and we appreciate your understanding and trust in our collaborative process.
💡 Bulldog Best Reminders
- What are the bulldog best behaviors? Have your child name them.
- What do they look like and sound like? Have your child provide examples/situations.
- Which behaviors does your child feel they do well and which ones are more difficult for them?
Click the image below to review our PBIS program and our 3 Bs.