An Update from Barrington High School - August 07, 2020
CHANGES TO THE 2020 - 2021 SCHOOL CALENDAR
- November 2, 2020 - Virtual Parent Teacher Conferences
- November 3, 2020 - NO SCHOOL - State Holiday/Election Day
- November 6, 2020 - Regular school day for students & staff
- February 15, 2020 - Institute Day for Staff (President's Day)
We are working on a virtual Back-to-school night, more information to follow.
SCHEDULES FOR THE 2020 - 2021
NOW AVAILABLE ON THE IC PORTAL!
If you have any questions about your schedule, you my email your counselor directly.
- Counselors cannot make teacher changes. Department Chairs for the academic area have to review any teacher change requests.
- Lunch periods will not be changed.
School starts Thursday, August 20, 2020.
Freshman Orientation is planned for August 17th. Freshmen need to check their bsd220.org email to find out the specific time groups of students will have their Orientation session during the day at BHS. Those emails will be sent out the week of August 10th. Smaller groups of freshmen have a staggered schedule throughout the day on the 17th to allow for social distancing. Freshmen need to bring their charged IPad to Orientation.
DRIVE THROUGH PICK-UP DAYS AUGUST 18TH & 19TH
Schedule for pick-up days:
Tuesday, August 18th
- 9AM - 10AM Seniors last name A - G
- 10AM - 11AM Seniors last name H - O
- 11AM - 12PM Seniors last name P -Z
- 12:30PM - 1:30PM Juniors last name A - G
- 1:30PM - 2:30PM Juniors last name H - O
- 2:30PM - 3:30PM Juniors last name P -Z
Wednesday, August 19th
- 9AM - 10AM Sophomores last name A - G
- 10AM - 11AM Sophomores last name H - O
- 11AM - 12PM Sophomores last name P -Z
- 12:30PM - 1:30PM Freshmen last name A - G
- 1:30PM - 2:30PM Freshmen last name H - O
- 2:30PM - 3:30PM Freshmen last name P -Z
Please come at your designated time. Enter BHS via the Main Street entrance and follow the signs around the building for pick-up. Please remain in your car; staff will bring your materials to you. We ask that EVERYONE wears a face covering while on school property.
For those who can not make their designated time, we will work on scheduling an alternative time after 8/19/2020.
CLASS OF 2021 - TESTING UPDATE
Due to COVID 19 restrictions and guidelines, we understand that registering for ACT and SAT national testing dates have been problematic. We have been working with both organizations that oversee the administration of testing to add additional weekend testing days in September and October held at BHS.
Seniors will be taking the state required SAT on September 23, 2020 during the school day. All seniors must sit for this school day administration, as it is a graduation requirement. There is no action required, BHS will register all seniors.
We are pleased to inform you that BHS has been approved by ACT to be a District Testing Administration Site for the ACT. In order to alleviate some of the stress our Seniors are under, we have been granted permission to administer the ACT on October 6, 2020. This exam is exclusively for the BHS Class of 2021. Registration and payment instructions will be emailed out to all Seniors and their parents by the end of the day on Monday, August 10th. Deadline for registering is August 26, 2020. Although BHS will host the test, all guidelines and requirements set by ACT must be adhered to.
Guidelines for testing:
See calculator policy here
Students must wear a mask at all times when in the building
Students must adhere to the social distancing guidelines and stay 6 feet apart.
October 6, 2020 is a scheduled school day, therefore, all registered test takers will be excused for the classes they will miss due to testing, however test takers are responsible for any missed work.
Please continue to check the SAT and ACT sites to register for the additional approved and posted testing dates.