ESS Weekly Family Update
Week ending 3/24/23
Link to order the 22/23 yearbook
ESS Yearbooks are now on sale until April 28th. Go to https://esspto. membershiptoolkit.com/home to purchase. The yearbook includes all the grades so don't forget to upload your pictures by April 17th.
Link to upload photos for the yearbook until April 17
Below is the direct link to the Yearbook website for families to submit photos:
Update from Mrs. Weber
The Book Fair was a great success. Thank you to Mrs. Gardiner for chairing it and for the volunteers who came in to assist each day. It was so great seeing the kiddos so excited with their book purchases!
Now that the weather is warmer students will be going outside for recess each day. Please be sure children are sent with appropriate footwear. Flip flops, slides, slippers and crocs without back straps are dangerous and not allowed to be worn at school.
If you are here at school volunteering or reading to classrooms, you may not go into the nurse's office without checking in at the office first or having a scheduled appointment. We have students with complex medical needs that require privacy and having unexpected people in the office violates that. Thank you for your anticipated cooperation with this matter.
Thank you to all who came to conferences on 3/23-it was so nice to see you! Thank you to the PTO for providing dinner for the staff
If you change your email and/or cell number, please make sure you inform the office so we have a way to get in contact with you should we need to
JA in a Day April 24-Volunteer Sign up here-we have a few more classes in need of volunteers-you do NOT have to be a parent in that class to sign up to volunteer
Save the Dates-
- Friday June 9th will be an all day Field Day-rain date June 13. Volunteers will be needed-more information will be coming home after April vacation.
- Monday June 12-Music Show-details below
- Wednesday June 14-Art Show from 4:00-6:00 PM here at ESS
- As of 3/23-June 13-16 are early dismissal days
- Thursday June 15-Grade 4 Celebration and End of Year classroom parties-more information will be shared as we get closer
- Friday June 16-anticipated last day of school
Just a reminder that smartwatches and smartphones need to be turned off and in your child's backpack during the school day. If your child needs anything, they should be letting their teachers know and they will handle it. If your child contacts you during the school day, please call school prior to coming to get them. Only Nurse Judy should be assessing students and making the determination of who is sent home.
As of March 1, all lunches and breakfasts are free until further notice. Any outstanding balances are due at this time
Any adult coming to pick up a student must have photo ID with them. Each staff member will ask for that ID every time. You can take a picture of it on your phone to have as well. Thank you for helping keep everyone safe.
Have a great weekend--please scroll all the way down for lots of information-Mrs. Weber
PTO Calendar 22/23
JOIN THE ESS PTO!
UPCOMING PTO MEETINGS
All PTO meetings will be held in the Cafeteria at ESS at 6:30PM.
DID YOU KNOW?
last year the ESS PTO…
- Organized the Back to School Party
- Held numerous Spirit Days
- Organized Trunk or Treat
- Organized Family Fun Night at Lake Quassy
- Designed Spirit Wear and the Yearbook
- Planned Teacher and Staff Appreciation Week
- Helped plan and sponsor the majority of the ESS cultural arts events
Become a yearly member of the ESS PTO
for $10 at:
Your dues will help the PTO sponsor many programs and events that directly support the students!!
Corporate Sponsorship Programs at ESS!
Help Raise Money to Support our School
Amazon Smile! – Please go to smile.amazon.com when shopping from Amazon. Many products are eligible to earn 0.5% for our school. These products are marked “eligible for Amazon Smile donation”.
On your first purchase through AmazonSmile you need to select the organization for donation. Select: Elizabeth Shelton School PTO.
Your selection will be remembered for future purchases.
Thank you for your support!
Have a business? Fill out this form so we can create an ESS Family Business directory:
Please fill out this survey for PTO if you own your own business- we want to support our own!
Dates to Know
Tuesday March 28-
- Ice Cream Truck-thanks to the PTO
Wednesday March 29-
- Tie Dye Day
- Shakesperience Assembly
Friday March 31-
- Full day of school
Tuesday April 4-
- Grades 3&4-Field Trip-Bridgeport Islanders Hockey Game
Wednesday April 5-
- ESS Goes Blue for Autism Awareness-more info below
Thursday April 6-
- Board of Alderman Meeting-City Hall
- 9:30-11:30-Classroom Craft/snack
Friday April 7-Sunday April 17-
- Spring Break-School is closed
2022-2023 District Calendar
ESS Spirit Days
2023-2024 School Calendar
Incoming K registration
March-Problem Solving look fors
March Breakfast/Lunch Menus
Save the Date-Music Concert
Elizabeth Shelton School
Monday, June 12, 2023
Grade 4-9:30-10:00-doors open at 9:20
Grade 3-10:15-10:45-doors open at 10:05
Grade 1-11:15-11:45-doors open at 11:05
Grade 2-12:00-12:30-doors open at 11:50
Kindergarten-12:45-1:15-doors open at 12:35
Please note- ESS Students will be previewing the concert on June 8th.
Students will not be coming in to watch siblings.
Due to allergies, no flowers or balloons are allowed
Following each grade level's performance, guests will exit through the first and second grade parent pick up doors (next to library).
Due to security policies, guests will not be allowed to visit classrooms.
Updated Cafeteria Information
Beginning on Tuesday March 28, students may purchase A La Carte snacks. The items available and the cost of each are in the attachment. Free/reduced status does not count toward these items.
Students will only be able to purchase these snacks on Tuesdays (subject to availability) if-
- their student account has money in it-you can add money through the parent portal or send in cash/check to school
- there is not an outstanding balance on their student account-any student with a balance will not be allowed to purchase A La Carte items until the amount is rectified
- they have finished most or all of the lunch provided from home or the cafeteria
Please reach out with any questions you may have and I will do my best to answer them-Mrs. Weber