Peek of the Week
All for Books contest November 17th-21st-Bring your dollars in every day :)
No school November 24th-28th!
Thanksgiving Luncheon for first grade
Wednesday, Nov. 19th, 11:15am
2225 Kingsley Dr
Next week, we will be start our unit on numbers to 99. We will be spiraling many topics that we discussed in the beginning of the year. This unit involves many topics including place value, comparisons, word problems and expanded form.
Brainpop about Matter
Changes in Matter Science Rap song
Adding heat/taking heat away Game:
Home Challenge: (some of these activities are a bit messy!)
*Here is a cool website that has tons of cool experiments that play with matter...
*Mentos explosion- carefully open a 2 liter bottle of Diet Coke and quickly drop several mint mentos in the soda....matter volcano! (outside activity)
* Sort household items into solids and liquids or go on a nature walk and record examples of matter
* Make popsicles, jello, or fruit smoothies and watch the states of matter change over time
* Have a fondue party and melt cheese or chocolate and dip yummy snacks
* Melt an Ice cube-find ways to melt an ice cube quickly
* Save an Ice cube-find ways to prevent the ice cube from melting
* Make pottery or use play dough to change the shape of matter
* Blow bubbles and watch how air helps the bubble keep its shape before popping and releasing air back into our atmosphere
* Make Dr. Seuss's Oobleck
In Social Studies we will be learning the story of Thanksgiving! We will begin practicing to retell the story of Thanksgiving by creating bracelets! Each bead will represent a different event that occurred. These bracelets will go home with your child on Friday. Please be sure to ask your child about the story of Thanksgiving :)