August 12, 2021
"Back to School" time is near! Our teachers have returned and are busy preparing their classrooms to welcome our Meadowlarks!
We are very excited to see everyone at our "Come Fly With Us" Back to School Event. The event will include a choice of 2 sessions on Monday, August 16th:
4:00-4:30- Teacher Presentation- Meet your teacher and find out about grade level curriculum, communication systems, drop off school supplies and much more.
4:30-5:00- Explore PHE: Visit Music, Art, PE, Mental Health Team, Special Educators, English Language Development Staff, Library, PTO, and head out to the playground for a Popsicle Party with your community!
5:00-5:30- Teacher Presentation- Meet your teacher and find out about the new year's curriculum, communication systems, drop off school supplies and much more.
5:30-6:00- Explore PHE: Visit Music, Art, PE, Mental Health Team, Special Educators, English Language Development Staff, Library, PTO, and head out to the playground for a Popsicle Party with your community!
Please arrive on time for your session to have an opportunity to hear from your classroom teacher. All families will enter through our night event doors and will be marked with a balloon entry. A reminder to please follow all current Adams 12 Mask Requirements. When you have explored the school- please join our office team, PTO and fellow Lark Community members on the playground for a Popsicle Party.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Prairie Hills Elementary School
First Day of School
- To support the safety of our students, we utilize and encourage all families dropping students off to use our Hug and Go Lane . Parking is also available in the main lot daily for those families wanting to park and walk their child to their classrooms. There is no parking in the South Lot. A video presentation will be available for review at our Back to School Event on Monday to answer any questions you may have.
- NEW THIS YEAR, for those interested in free breakfast, breakfast will be served daily from 7:40 a.m. to 8:04. Students will enter through the Evening Event Entrance and eat their breakfast in the cafeteria. They will then be released to their classrooms.
- For those students not eating school breakfast, cones will be placed outside of each grade level door entry with your teachers name. Staff is on duty beginning at 7:50, please ensure students do not arrive unsupervised prior to this time.
- ALL KINDERGARTEN FAMILIES: Please join us following student drop-off at the Kindergarten Playground for our PTO Sponsored Boo Hoo Breakfast. We look forward to the opportunity to share in the celebration of your child's first steps in their educational journey.
- Free Lunch is available for all students. Please bookmark this link for our school specific menu each month.
- Wednesday is an Early Release Day, dismissal will be at 1:45
Visitors and Volunteers
The office is now available for visitors, however, please have patience as we have a new vestibule entry system. All visitors are required to enter through the front vestibule ONLY and must have identification each time.
To support student spacing during lunch, and in alignment with current mask expectations for adults, we will not have visitors during our lunch periods at this time. Please remember all adults entering the building:
○ Should follow all health and safety protocols including not entering the building if sick
○ Please follow all current Adams 12 Mask Requirements
For a quick drop-off of any items (lunches, jackets, backpacks), a storage bin will be available in our vestibule and items will delivered regularly throughout the day.