Tonasket School District
Weekly Update ~ 3/5/2021
"Focused on Learning and Linking Learning to Life"
Be Positive, Be Grateful, Be Involved, Be Flexible
Classified Employee Week is March 8 - 12
SCHOOL DISTRICT GOALS:
Capital Project Update
Powerful Teaching and Learning
Last week we had a theft of school equipment from one of our maintenance trucks. The individual was going from door to door around 2 AM trying to gain entry to buildings as well. Fortunately, they could not gain access to the building. The individual was arrested and we have recovered most of the stolen equipment. It is a great reminder for us all to make sure we lock the school doors securely and make sure they fully close behind us when we leave the buildings after hours. Thanks for your diligence in doing this!
The Governor announced on Tuesday, that all preK-12 educators and school staff have been added to the priority list to receive the Covid vaccine. Our staff has had the opportunity to be placed on an on-call list through the FHC and NVH. Any staff wishing to receive the vaccine are now invited by NVH to apply through their website at:
Parent and Community Engagement
- Maria Irvine has accepted the SLPA position for next year and will start next August pending school board approval. We will be working with ESD 171 for SLP services with someone on site 1 to 2 days a week, and Maria will provide the day-to-day services.
- Tiffany Jones has accepted the Accounts Payable position and pending school board approval, will start full-time in June. She will be working part-time and training starting in late March.
- Rite Aid Pharmacy in Omak called today to let us know that they have received COVID 19 vaccines and wanted to offer them to schools first. You can call starting Monday, March 8, to schedule an appointment with them to receive the vaccine. 509-826-2806.
- Enrollment for March is 1,053.63.
- We’ve received a grant through OSPI for $9,211 to purchase a double-stack oven for the kitchen. The oven this will be replacing is 25 years old which is no longer reliable.
- Don’t forget you can watch our athletes virtually on our Eye of the Tiger live stream.
COVID Data Dashboard - Data for February 22 - February 26
- Positive COVID cases in our school community since starting school - 29
- New members of our school community (students and/or staff) reporting as a new positive - 0
- New Cohorts required to return to remote only learning (Contact or lack of staffing) - 0
- New Classrooms required to return to remote only learning (Contact or lack of staffing) - 0
- New Grade levels required to return to remote only learning (Contact or lack of staffing) - 0
- New Schools required to return to remote only learning (Contact or lack of staffing) - 0
- Staff with at least first vaccine - 66