Johnnie R. Carr Middle School
1610 Ray Thorington Road; Montgomery, AL 36117
International Baccalaureate (IB) World Candidate School
GEAR UP's Programs & Activities
- Drone Club
- Tutoring and Mentoring
- College and Career Program Software Exposure
- Creative Writing
- Saturday Stem Academy
- So Much More!
Recruitment for these activities will begin in mid September. Additional details and information will be provided through ASU_GEARUP social media sites (Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram) as well as Johnnie Carr Middle School's Facebook page and Schoology platform. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone: 334-524-7117.
Ms. Rachel Jones
IB @ JCMS!
IB Learner Profile
IB Learner Profile of the Month: KNOWLEDGEABLE
Students who are KNOWLEDGEABLE have explored relevant and significant concepts and can remember what they have learned. They can draw on this knowledge and apply it in new situations.
How can parents help at home to develop students who are KNOWLEDGEABLE?
- Encourage your students to read books at home that correspond with the topics being covered in school.
- Ask your students about what they are learning in school and engage them in conversations about it. Examples listed below.
“Why do you think that is an important thing to know about?”
“Can you think of anything happening in the world today that might be similar to that aspect of history?”
“You’re learning about pulleys and gears at school? This reminds me of your simple machines unit in 2nd grade. Have you noticed any similarities? How is what you’re learning different?”
- Foster any area that your students express an interest in with books and activities, but also be sure to encourage them to explore other areas.
- Encourage your students to become familiar with current events and to read the newspaper and/or watch the news when appropriate.
What's Coming Up?
Sep. 5th: Labor Day (No School)
Sep. 8th: Parent Meeting (9:00 A.M. & 1:00 P.M.) See announcement above.
Sep. 15th: Signed Progress Reports
Sep. 30th: PBIS Day
*See below for scheduled game times.