Thalia.W. 5th peroid
Who were the people associated with the change?
- 95 these that Martin Luther had thought of about how the Catholic church was
- So Martin printed out his these and posted them on the outside of the church
- the only reason why he did that was because who ever went in the church they would read the sign
- Martin Luther teaching was called Luthearns
- Calvin wrote a book that taught people are sinful by nature
- he taught predestination the idea that god has already chosen who will be save
- Calvin's teaching is called Calvinism
- King Henry was married 5 times but...his first wife Katherine of Argon and that was the first to give him his first baby girl (Mary).
- when he asked the pope to put an end to the marriage so he could remarry
- the pope REFUSED
- so king Henry had to get out of the Catholic church
- All of a sudden his third wife had a baby boy (Edward) his only son
- But his first daughter became queen and opened the church called Anglican church
How did the change impact society at the time?
How is the change evidenced in today's modern society?
The Catholic church did not want to take any more indulgences . But it wanted to keep the Catholic believers loyal ,the Catholic church tries to make changes . This is called
Catholic Reformation . A new group was founded in the church based on the deep devotion to Jesus . They were called Jesuits