Addison Wargo Period 3 5/16/16
- seconded largest marsupial of the living carnivorous marsupials
- can eat up to 5 to 10 percent of their body weight
- not very dangerous to people but will defend itself
- McKimson, an animator, illustrator and director for Warner Brothers, based his ‘Looney Tunes’ character Taz on the real-life carnivorous nature and voracious appetite of the Tasmanian Devil
- Tasmanian devil has one of the strongest bites in the animal world: 1200 pounds per square inch, which means that it can bite through the metal trap
- stores fat in its tail
- mostly solitary
- Devil facial tumour disease (DFTD) is an aggressive non-viral transmissible parasitic cancer among Tasmanian devils. The first official case of DFTD was described in 1996 in
Tasmanian Devil’s scientific name is Sarcophilus harrisii -it mean Harris’ meat eater
Augee, Michael L. "Tasmanian devil." World Book Advanced. World Book, 2016. Web. 11 May 2016.
"Tasmanian Devl." International Wildlife. Vol. 22. N.p.: Lib. of Con
Cataloging-in-Publication Data, n.d. 2487. Print.
"Tasmanian Devil." Wildlife Manegement. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 May 2016.
"Tasmanian Devil." National Geographic. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 May 2016.
"Tasmanian Devil Facts." Softschools.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 May 2016.
"Tasmanian Devil." Australian Museum. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 May 2016.
"Tasmanian Devil." The Animal Spot. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 May 2016.