Mr. Huelsman's Science Class
Weekly Update 02/16/16
Good Tuesday Morning
Below are other classroom announcements and the tentative schedule for this upcoming week. Take care.
*IMPORTANT* Glen Helen Information
Last week the Glen Helen information packets were passed out to students. Due to a conflict with an already scheduled orchestra concert on Thursday 02/25/15, the parent information meeting had to be moved to Wednesday 02/24/16 at 6:00PM.
The meeting will be held here in TMS auditeria. There will be a short presentation about Glen Helen. Mrs. Horvath, the school nurse, will also be there to answer any questions you may have. We will then collect any forms/money that you want to bring and turn in. Please mark your calendar.
Below is some other important information:
- Glen Helen commitment letter and $25.00 deposit is due on Friday 02/26/16. We need this form and deposit to figure out our numbers. Students who fail to turn in a commitment letter and deposit will not be guaranteed a spot.
- Health forms and full payment for Glen Helen ($145.00) is due on April 22, 2016.
- Medication permits (this includes medication taken over the counter) are to be turned into the school nurse no later than April 22, 2016. Please contact Mrs. Horvath if you have questions.
TMS Cookie Dough Sale February 10th-29th
Once Glen Helen is paid for, any money raised over that amount will be on the student's account for Washington D.C.
Here is some other important information about the cookie dough sale.
- Students receive 50% of what they sell.
- Students who sell 12 items or more have a chance to win a drone or a twenty dollar gift card.
Test This Thursday 02/18/16
- Study vocabulary using Quizlet.
- Look over study guide done in class. Students will get a key to their study guide on Wednesday and will be instructed on what question/questions are going to be short answer/extended response on the test.
- Go back over readings posted in Google Classroom.
- Watch Bill Nye videos posted in Google Classroom.
3D Model of Human Body
Tentative Weekly Classroom Schedule
Tuesday 02/16/16: Students will turn in study logs. No study logs this week. Students will then work on the study guide the entire class period.
Homework: Study guide due tomorrow!
Wednesday 02/17/16: Review day for test. Students will turn in study guides and get the study guide key for the test.
Homework: Study for test.
Thursday 02/18/16: Body Works end of unit test.
Friday 02/19/16: Short notebook quiz. Introduction to "Disease and Cell Biology" unit.
Homework: None. Have a safe and fun weekend.