Tiger Tracks Inside Edition
Travis High School Faculty Newsletter - October 7, 2019
THIS WEEK AT A GLANCE:
Monday, October 7
HOCO Spirit Week: Generation Day
- Freshman: Flintstones
- Sophomores: Exploreres
- Juniors: Cowgirls & Cowboys
- Seniors: Hippies
View the most updated Duty Schedule here
Tuesday, October 8
HOCO Spirit Week: Celebrity Day
Volleyball: vs Kempner 4:30/5:30/6:30
Tennis @ Bush 3:00
Orchestra Pre-Honor Concert 7:00
Wednesday, October 9
HOCO Spirit Week: Memes Day
Click here for last week's Wellness Wednesday. Thanks Ms. Clark!
Faculty Meetings - PSAT (during your conference)
Dance Team BBQ - Drive thru and Dine in 4:30-5:30 Commons
Homecoming Community Pep Rally - 6:00 PM
Department Head Meeting 3:00 (FOCR)
Thursday, October 10
HOCO Spirit Week: Clash of the Colors Day
- Freshman: Grey
- Sophomores: Red
- Juniors: Black
- Seniors: White
End of First Nine Weeks - Grades Due by 11:59 PM Sunday - UIL eligibility Gain/Loss - no work may be accepted after the last school bell of the day - this includes retests!
Tennis vs Bush 3:00
Football (Freshman) vs Austin 4:30
Football vs Austin (JV) 5:00
Volleyball @ Dulles 4:30/5:30/6:30
Friday, October 11
Biggest loser weigh ins from 7:00-7:25 in clinic
Student Holiday/Professional Development Day
Dive: Fort Bend Classic 5:00
Homecoming Tailgate - 3:15 PM at Mercer
Football: v Austin @ Mercer 7:00 PM RED OUT!
Saturday October 12
Fort Bend Classic Swim Meet 9:45 AM
Homecoming Dance 8:00 PM - 12:00 AM - Chaperone Duty List
- 9 individuals
- 7 teams of 3-4 members
Wellness tip: Drink half your weight in ounces each day.
Marathon in a Month!
Marathon in a Month is a challenge to complete 26.2 miles (marathon), 50 miles (ultra-marathon) or 100 miles (ultra-ultra-marathon) in one month.
October 1 and ends October 31.
Registration is now open!
How to Register for Marathon in a Month:
2) Click on registration for Marathon in a Month, which is free if you select the Bronze level membership. However, registration donations are tax deductible, and will support the nonprofit HealthCode whose mission is to empower people to live healthier lives.
3) If you have registered on the HealthCode website select the “Returning Users” button. If you are new to the HealthCode website, use the “New Registrants” area.
4) You will land on the Edit Profile page; if this is your first time click on “Select your Organization” pull-down, select our organization and your “Select Group/Team” pulldown. (You can edit your Group if needed.)
5) Finally select your Mile Goal for Marathon in a Month and click “Complete Registration”.
You are now registered to participate!
Benefit Coordinator Site Visit: 10.15.2019 8:00-4:30 in the Library
Congratulations to Mr Franco!!!
HabitudesOnline Access Information for NEW Users!
You now have access to the HabitudesOnline platform.
To access your account, you will log in via www.habitudesonline.com using the following credentials:
- Username: Your email
- Password: Habitudes
Our platform is optimized for the Google Chrome web-browser and may not function optimally with all browsers. Google Chrome is a free browser that can be downloaded HERE.
Let us know if we can assist you with anything else. If you have specific tech support questions, simply use the chat feature in the bottom right-hand corner of your HabitudesOnline home screen or contact us via email at email@example.com.
2019-2020 Fort Bend Letter Jacket Program
Want a way to award Tiger Pride Points or recognize a student? Submit a positive office referral!
Ms. Franco, our Professional Learning Lead, now has a form to fill out for any Educational support requests.
Refer to the email from Ms. Spina for specific instructions on 8.14.2019 if you are having trouble navigating through the site.
Our campus IT is Joshua Martin and his office is in the library! Please remember to put in a Support Portal ticker (Formerly CRM ticket) instead of emailing him when you have a request. Thank you!
Grading Policy and Reporting Reminders! - PLEASE REVIEW!
- Do NOT put a 0 in on any assignment that was not completed due to student absence - for any reason - until the student has had sufficient time and opportunity to complete the assignment and failed to do so.
- Assignments in grade book must have specific name - i.e. Ch 12 vocab assignment vs Homework 2
- Grades must be entered within 5 days of assignment due date.
- Late Work is accepted - 1 day late is up to 15 points off; 2 days late is up to 30 points off
- Parent contact is required any time a student is unsuccessful and any time a student is in danger of failing a course - please document all contact
How to Reset Your Network Password
Do you have news to share? Email THS Announcements! (THS.Announcements@fortbendisd.com)
Tiger Tracks Parent Newsletter
FBISD Sugar Shindig
Shake a shimmy at the Education Foundation’s 5th Anniversary Sugar Shindig on Friday, October 25, at 6:30 p.m. at Safari Texas. Tickets (adults only) are $27/person and on sale now at https://www.fortbendisd.com/domain/15885
Enjoy a casual evening—jeans and costumes welcome—including a fajita dinner, a dessert auction and dancing to the music of Password. This is camaraderie at its finest as staff from our schools and community members vie for the best cakes made by local bakers.
Proceeds benefit the Education Foundation and its Grants to Teachers and Schools.
Deadline for purchasing tickets is Monday, October 21, but don’t delay . . . the event will sell out!
Holiday - No School
Benefits Coordinator Site Visit--Library
Picture Make up Day
Progress Report 3 Ends