Mrs. Pittman's 5th Grade News
May 13, 2016
Wow!! We are down to 8 Days!!!
I am amazed at how quickly this year has slipped away from us!! Over the next couple of days we have many things going on. I am going to try to update you on the highlights. Your children are bringing home information regarding the field trip to Stone Mountain on Wednesday, May 18th. We also have 5th Grade Finale coming up and on May 24th. We are also getting excited about our class party which will be next Friday, May 20th. So many fun and excited things going on to end out our 5th grade time together.
Field Trip To Stone Mountain May 18th
Here is the info regarding our upcoming field trip to Stone Mountain:
- This is an EXTENDED day field trip. We will arrive back at Parsons at 4:15pm. You will need to make sure your student has a ride home from school that day.
- We will NOT release students to cars. Each student will have a "Pick Up Card". This will need to be given to your child's homeroom treacher. If your child is being picked up by another parent, we will need to have a handwritten note from you.
- We will plan to leave school about 9 am
- If your child is bringing lunch, please label it and bring it in a bag that can be thrown away after lunch.
- If you are planning on coming, and driving yourself, please plan to meet us at Memorial Hall around 10:00am. Remember that is you don't have a current admissions pass, you will need to pay $15.00 entrance fee.
****If you are planning on coming, please shoot me an email or send me a note so that I can make appropriate groups for our class. This is going to be an awesome and memorable day!! I am really looking forward to it.
Class Party, Friday May 20th
Our End of the Year Party will be Friday, May 20th. Our room mom's have planned a fun-filled afternoon of some outside games and relays and then an ice cream sundae party. Please be on the lookout in your child's Friday Folder for things that you can help send in to make the party perfect! Our Room Mom's have been so supportive and organized about everything this year. We are so blessed to have them run this last party!
5th Grade Finale May 24, 2016
Please plan on being here at Parsons for our 5th Grade Finale. It is always a wonderful event filled with so much excitement! It will begin promptly at Noon and last about an hour. Then we will walk through the school and end up at a cupcake and lemonade reception. Can't wait to see you there! If you have not sent in your RSVP for the Finale, please do so on Monday!
8 more days!
Please remind your children that this is such an exciting time for school, but we are still in school and summer vacation has not started yet. Students need to come to school each day ready to work and learn. I still have 8 days to influence and teach them and I take that very seriously!!! Thanks so much for your help with this!