October 20, 2021
A few reminders so you can stay in the know:
~ Walk-A-Thon & Fall Festival: THANK YOU to everyone who made both of these events such a success!!! Thus far, the Walk-A-Thon has raised over $12,000 (and counting)! Yahoo to this! Kudos to the PTO for all of their hard work in making both of events such a success!
~ NO SCHOOL tomorrow or Friday (October 21 & 22) due to MEA.
~ Please do NOT park where the buses drop off and pick up...we have some parents who are parking in the bus zone. Please refrain from this area both before and after school.
~ ExCEL: IF your child has been invited to our after school program, ExCEL, and you registered your child, this begins next week! ExCEL will begin on Tuesday, October 26 and continue on Tuesdays and Wednesdays until the spring. ExCEL begins at 2:30 and ends at approximately 4:15.
~ Please join the Roosevelt Elementary Community Facebook page! Our PTO will be pushing out important information using that page, so please join the page and stay in the loop!!!!
~ Application for Educational Benefits: Even though meals are being offered at no charge this year, families that meet financial qualifications should still apply for free and reduced meals. This benefit is used for more than just meals. Extra-curricular activities, reduced price internet, P-EBT benefits and many other programs use this status to help families.
You can apply online in the parent portal on a computer or click here for an application. Please send completed applications to the Roosevelt office or the nutrition services office. Once the application is processed you will receive a letter with either acceptance or denial to the program. Please, please, please fill out this paperwork if you think you may qualify. Our funding depends on this information! If you need help, we are happy to help in the Roosevelt office--just call or stop in!
~ School Pictures: These have been scheduled for Monday, November 8. Here's the online link to order pictures. The school code is: FM370866. Paper copies will also be available in the office should you need/want that. Please have your child come to the office to get a paper copy if you prefer ordering that way.
~ Family Academy: Please join us and Register to attend Mankato Area Public Schools' Family Academy held virtually on Tuesday, October 26. These no cost workshops provide tips, tools and strategies to help children be successful and focus on fostering the partnerships between families and school. All sessions will be held online. If you have any questions, please call 507-387-5501.
Here's to a great LONG weekend!
IMPORTANT COVID Information...PLEASE READ!
1. If a student is staying home because they are symptomatic with COVID-like symptoms (1 more common or 2 less common) the WHOLE family should be staying home, and vice versa... if someone in the house is testing because of COVID-like symptoms, the student and all other household members should be staying home. *Caveat... if someone in the household is vaccinated, they can continue going to work/school as long as the vaccinated person doesn't have symptoms him/herself.
2. We REQUIRE a negative COVID test to return to school if a student is out of school because they are symptomatic with COVID-like symptoms.
3. We DO NOT accept negative at home antigen tests for return to school for symptoms.
4. If there is a positive household case -- a minimum 10 day quarantine (from last exposure) is REQUIRED for those who are unvaccinated.
5. If someone has been identified as a close contact and are choosing NOT to quarantine, we will exclude that student if they are sick with even one less common COVID-like symptom. They must test negative for COVID before returning to school, and unvaccinated siblings would be sent home in this situation too.
This is lots of information that can be difficult to understand. Please ask if you have questions!