AWANA Harvest Carnival Oct 31
6:25-8pm at Auke Bay Bible Church
Costumes are encouraged as long as they are not scary or gory. Be creative and have some fun. Also, feel free to bring a container for collecting prizes in, otherwise we will provide the kids with lunch sacks to decorate and use for that purpose.
We want this to be a fun activity for the whole family so parents and siblings of all ages are welcome as well as friends and neighbors whom you would like to invite. Preschool aged children (Cubbies) need to be accompanied by a parent during the entire carnival please.
- We will have check-in and the opening ceremony at the usual time of 6:25pm.
- Book time for all clubs will be from 6:30-7pm.
- The actual carnival will run from 7-8pm.
Note: If any awards are earned this week for sections completed, they will be awarded next week since we will not have a closing ceremony like usual.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Parents, if you would like to help us out by running one of the booths or baking cupcakes for the cake walk, we can still use more volunteers. We are also still collecting bags of individually wrapped candy and small toys to serve as prizes if anyone else would like to make a donation.
Awana Leaders, we will be setting up for the Carnival on Tuesday night starting at 6pm. As many people who are available to come help would be much appreciated. The more hands we have, the quicker the process will be. It usually takes us about 2-2.5 hours to get everything ready, but if we have more than just a few people helping, it could go much more quickly than that.
- Oct 31: 2 Helpers Needed
- Nov 7: Angie Regier & 2nd helper needed
- This year's Cubbies handbook: Honey Comb
- Full Cubbies Lesson Schedule
- Oct 31: Harvest Carnival
- Nov 7: Unit 2: Bear Hug 9
- Nov 14: Special Day 1 - Thanksgiving
- Cubbies Snack Sign-up This week: no snack this week
HoneyComb Audio Files to help with memorization
~Mission 3: Agents of Grace - 3rd-6th Grades
- Oct 31 - Unit 2 Lesson 1: The Bible is God's Revelation - Romans 1:20
- Nov 7 - Unit 2 Lesson 2: The Bible is God's Inspired Word - II Timothy 3:16-17
- Nov 14 - Unit 2 Lesson 3: The Bible Lights Our Path - John 14:26
- Fast Track: This is a time from 6:10-6:25 when clubbers can say their verses in advance of club. Meet a leader in the Conference Room across from pastor's office. This is especially helpful for anyone who gets behind a week so we can be all together on the same lesson during Small Group Time.
- We encourage you to work on your section during the week, but what does that mean?
- Read your memory verse and review verse for the week out loud 3 times each day.
- Answer one question from your Bible Study page each day.
- These two simple things will probably only take you 5 minutes each day, but by Wednesday, you should have your Bible Study all completed and be a lot more ready to quote your verses. Plus you will be hiding God's Word in your heart and spending time with Him each day!