NTZB Parent Bulletin
September 3, 2021
Hello NT Families,
The school year is off a great start! I hope everyone is settling in and adjusting to their back-to-school routines. It has been wonderful to see students filling our hallways and getting back to their academic pursuits. I encourage all parents to reach out to their child’s teacher regarding grades or other concerns. Please note that virtual parent teacher conferences will take place on September 16, 2021 from 1:30-3:30 and 6:00-8:00 pm. Information and sign-up links will be sent out next week. Clubs and activities will begin after Labor Day at New Tech. Students will visit the New Tech Activity Fair on Tuesday, September 7, during advisory. One of our goals is to ensure all students feel connected to our school community. Joining a club or activity is a great way to meet new friends, stay involved and develop a sense of belonging to NTZB. The energy in the building has been invigorating and I am grateful for the parent support. I look forward to creating more great days for our students and staff!
LABOR DAY HOLIDAY
Labor Day pays tribute to the contributions and achievements of American workers and is traditionally observed on the first Monday in September. It was created by the labor movement in the late 19th century and became a federal holiday in 1894. https://www.history.com/topics/holidays/labor-day-1
VIRTUAL PARENT-TEACHER CONFERENCES
Thursday, September 16th
1:30PM - 3:30PM
6:00PM - 8:00PM
Watch for the sign-up link in the coming week to reserve your meeting time(s) with your student's teacher(s).
Translation services will be available.
2022 NEW TECH YEARBOOKS
returns to $55. Take advantage of the savings today!
Order online through yearbookordercenter.com
(Use school code: 19578).
COLLEGE AND CAREER NEWS
- College Application Workshops
- College and Financial Aid Information Night
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- STEAM Scholars Program
- TRiO Educational Talent Search
ZB-PRIDE ATHLETIC TEAMS, CALENDAR & INFO
MESSAGE FROM THE OFFICE OF ATHLETICS
ZBTHS D126 will place a seating capacity for fall athletics the rest of this season. Due to on-going COVID-19 concerns, limited parking due to pending construction, and staffing needs the administration decided to limit the football crowd to under 2,000 spectators. The District is taking steps to ensure parents of participants will be able to get access to tickets.
Our season started with high levels of energy and an amazing response from our school community. We are happy to report that the games can also be viewed online. Please visit NFHS.org to register for a small monthly fee.
We would like to thank everyone in advanced for the support and look forward to a great season. Should you have questions or recommendations please contact Mr. Jack Niemi, Athletic Director. #zbpride
IMPORTANT DATES/UPCOMING EVENTS
- Monday, 9/6/21: NO SCHOOL- Labor Day
- Thursday, 9/16/21: Parent-Teacher Conferences (1:30-3:30 PM and 6:00-8:00 PM)- NT Early Release (12:35 PM)
- Friday, 9/17/21: NT Early Release (1:35 PM)
- Friday, 9/24/21: Pep Assembly and Homecoming Football Game
- Saturday, 9/25/21: Homecoming Dance (7:00-10:00 PM)
- Friday, 10/8/21: End of Quarter 1
- Monday, 10/11/21: NO SCHOOL- Columbus Day Holiday
- Wednesday, 10/13/21: Fall SAT Test Day for 9th, 10th, and 11th grades- NT Early Release (TBA)
- Thursday, 11/11/21: Veteran’s Day Recognition Program-TBD (School in session)
- Tuesday, 11/23/21: NT Early Release (1:35 PM)
- Wednesday, 11/24/21: NO SCHOOL-School Holiday
- Thursday, 11/25/21: NO SCHOOL- Thanksgiving Day Holiday
- Friday, 11/26/21: NO SCHOOL- Day after Thanksgiving
- Tuesday 12/14/21: Exams- NT Early Release (1:04 PM)
- Wednesday 12/15/21: Exams- NT Early Release (1:04 PM)
- Thursday 12/16/21: Exams -NT Early Release (11:25 AM)
- Thursday 12/16/21: End of Quarter 2
- Friday 12/17/21: NO SCHOOL- School Holiday