Tennessee Valley Authority
Relief, Reform or Recovery?
It was reform because, it helped to bring electricity to rural "pocket of poverty" that could not afford lines.
The TVA was intended to help the hardest hit areas in the United States.
Does this program still exist today?
Yes, because TVA has certainly lived up to President Roosevelt's hopes. It is the largest public power company In the United States! It continues to seek ways to make the largely rural area an attractive alternative to overcrowded cities
Tennessee Valley Authority Video Facts
- Poor families in Tennessee could finally thrive in homes, affording electricity and suffering a little less than before.
- The Tennessee Valley Authority improved as time went on.
- It helped develop fertilizer, stop farmers ways to improve prop yields and replanted damaged areas on the farm land.
Project: Tennessee Valley Authority
Want More Information On Tennessee Valley Authority?
- Others shut down, unable to compete with the Tennessee Valley Authority government regulations and were also passed to prevent competition with the Tennessee Valley Authority
- It was designed to modernize the region, using experts and electricity to combat human and economic problems
- First large regional planning agency of the federal government and remains the largest
- Leadership of David Lilienthal