Support Special Olympics Texas
Donate from 4/29-5/15
How Nimitz is Involved
Nimitz teamed up with the Irving Police Department with the Law Enforcement Torch Run (LETR). LETR is the largest grassroots fundraiser and public awareness vehicle for Special Olympics in the world. The Law Enforcement Torch Run is an actual running event where officers and athletes run the Special Olympics "Flame of Hope" to opening ceremonies of local competitions, state, provincial or national summer, winter or fall games.
Why Get Involved?
- Improve your department's image in your community
- Fulfill community service goals for your department
- Gain positive media exposure
- Achieve personal fulfillment
- Improve leadership and organizational skills
- Bond and team-build
- Change the lives of over 40,000 Special Olympics Texas athletes, their friends, families and communities!