The University of North Texas
An investigative look into UNT
Requirements for undergraduate admission
- GPA of at least 2.0 and knowledge of class ranking (top 10% of class gets admitted automatically)
- ACT score of 18 in English, 22 in Mathematics, 21 in Reading, and a 24 in Science
- SAT score of at least 1500
- For the College of Music, an audition is required.
What I Want to Do
I plan on applying to UNT when I can, and hopefully I can get a scholarship through band if I place high enough in solo competitions. A semester of tuition would cost me around $9,706 (since I'm from in state), along with a semester fee of $4,500 for food and staying at dormitories. I'm wanting to major in music, and study in the College of Music at UNT. The requirements for my major are basic piano skills and high skill in at least one instrument, as well as a music theory high school class credit.
I've always like being part of student organizations because it's a chance to have new experiences and meet new people. Two student organizations caught my eye when I viewed the UNT website: the Media Arts Club and the Vintage Swing Movement. In the Media Arts Club, members view screenings of films, talk about films, and even make some films, too. In Vintage Swing Movement, members get to enjoy swing jazz, learn how to dance to it, and attend annually-held dances.
Presente Subjunctivo: Conjugacion
- Start with the "yo" form of the verb in the present tense
- Take off the final "o" of the "yo" form
- Add the "opposite" endings
- -ar verbs: -e, -es, -e, -emos, -eis, -en
- -er verbs: -a, -as, -a, -amos, -ais, -an
- -ir verbs: -a, -as, -a, -amos, -ais, -an
El subjunctivo is used when something is uncertain and subjunctive.
- W: No puedo espere para asistir a UNT. Desearia que salga bien.
- E: Me alegro de que esta en Texas. Me temo que yo podria fallar una clase.
- I: Es importante que yo estude mucho. Es extrano que yo no sabia acerca de UNT antes.
- R: Mi familia sugiere que ahorro dinero. Mi madre recomienda que debo dormir.
- D: Dudo que voy a dormir mucho en la universidad. No creo que nada demasiado malo va a pasar.
- O: Ojala que me gusta mucho la universidad.