How To Become A U.S. Citizen
Meghan Sloop and Marissa Yow
How to become a United States citizen
Then you must apply for Naturalization.
The USCIS checks applicants for naturalization to see if they meet these requirements:
- Completion of security and background checks
- Review of the applicants immigration records
- In person interview with oral or written testimony
- Testing for English and Civics requirements
- Qualification for a disability exception
At the in-person interview the USCIS officer chooses to accept or deny the application. If the applicant fails to appear to the fingerprinting appointment they abandon their application for naturalization. USCIS officer will either grant citizenship within 120 days or the applicant can request judicial review of their case.