Pearl Road PBIS Family Newsletter
March / April 2021
Ms. Kaylee Yakovich
Don't forget to bring these items to school daily!
- Masks- don't forget extra in case of emergency
- Lunch (unless you have already arranged to get a school lunch)
- Laptop with the case, mouse, and charger
- Backpack with school supplies
- April 1st- No School (Staff Building Work Day)
- April 2nd- No School (Good Friday)
- April 5th- No School (Easter Break)
- April 12th- All in person hybrid students (both cohort A and B) will be in the building. All virtual students need to be on live --streaming in daily ----beginning 4/12 from 8:30-3:30pm.
- April 20th- 3rd Grade State Testing (Reading/ Language Arts)
- April 21st- 3rd Grade State Testing (Reading/ Language Arts)
- April 27th- 3rd Grade State Testing (Math)
- April 28th- 3rd Grade State Testing (Math)
Counselor's Corner with Ms. Durica
Individual Counseling: I am available to meet with students (in person and virtual) for brief solution-focused individual counseling while providing academic, social and emotional support. Please reach out to me via phone, email or dojo if you have any questions/concerns or are interested in this opportunity.
Guidance Lessons: Students have been learning all about the Zones of Regulation during guidance lessons. Mrs. Hamski and I have enjoyed helping students learn more about coping skills and self-regulation over the past few months. I will continue to help students practice identifying the Zones during April classroom guidance lessons. Click on the link for more information about the Zones of Regulation. (https://www.zonesofregulation.com/learn-more-about-the-zones.html)
Small Groups: Third graders have been learning all about Mindfulness, coping skills, relaxation skills and Yoga 4 Classrooms during Morning and Afternoon Mindfulness Groups. I am starting a couple of small groups focused on the Zones of Regulation for selected students starting the week of April 14th. Please let me know if you have any questions about small group opportunities for your student.
Character Traits for March and April
The character trait for the month of March was honesty. Honesty means being truthful in both your words and your actions.
The character trait for the month of April is perseverance. Perseverance means not giving up, even if something is hard. You can do it if you put your mind to it!
Do the FIVE- Help stop spreading germs!
- FACE Don't touch it wear a mask
- HANDS Wash them often
- ELBOW Cough into it
- FEET Stay more than 6 feet apart
- FEEL Sick? Stay home
Great Parent Articles (Hacks Included)
Check out these great articles with parenting tips, tricks and hacks:
Fortnite Dance Party!
Saturday, April 24th, 2-3pm
This is an online event.
The Parma Heights Library is hosting a Fortnite Dance Party and the entire family is invited!!!
Join us for a fun afternoon of crazy Fortnite Dances and exercise. Bring your best moves and get ready for fun. This event will be held virtually on Zoom.
A meeting link will be emailed to registered participants approximately one hour prior to the start of the program. Staff will be available for help with connecting to Zoom and technical issues beginning 15 minutes prior to the program. You will need a device with audio and/or video and an internet connection to join.
If you have any questions about this program, please contact a librarian at the Parma Heights Branch at 440-884-2313. Zoom link will be released 1 hour prior to program start time!