Eastlake Middle School 3.12.18
The Week at a Glance
One week to go! I hope everyone enjoys their much needed break. As we sprint to the end, here are items to consider for the week:
1. Faculty meeting this Wednesday. Please be there by 3:25. We would like to focus our attention on the upcoming SBAC testing season and how it affects us all. We will also briefly talk about upcoming safety drills.
2. Don't forget to keep recognizing those students with your Triton shell. I would love that every teacher recognizes a student at least once! Let's do this.
3. Passthrough Update: Dalila Espinoza will be in charge of monitoring the students. Every two weeks, we will run an F report and let you know who we are suggesting to attend Passthrough. They must turn in a parent sign-in sheet as well as progress report from the teacher record. If you are recommending a student, please contact Dalila as soon as possible.
4. Are you interested in order some Phils BBQ for our next Social Luncheon on March 16? $10 for sandwich and onion rings or french fries or oder the chicken breast or baby back rib tickler. Please make your order here -- > https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1buC6tStULKn3E0kM3nYViE68-yR4L6ghUMae1DvILHE/edit?usp=sharing
We will also do a little St. Patty's event on March 16th (teacher's lounge) in the morning with coffee and Bailey's Irish Creamer (non-alcoholic of course!). Be safe out there on the real date and may the luck of the Irish be with you! Erin go bragh!
5. The SLT worked diligently on a rough draft of our new Mission statement. We will share it shortly. We have a meeting with our parents this Wednesday night to give them a preview and garner input.
6. Working with our curriculum specialists, we are getting ready to roll out the professional development plan for our school for the next two years. I am excited to see our teacher leadership in action. We have amazing educators helping to pave the way!
7. A group of students will be leading a demonstration of support for dialogue about gun safety this Wednesday. They have asked permission to create signs to educate our student body. On the 14th, there is a nationwide movement for students to conduct a walkout. It will start at 10:00 and last until 10:17 in honor of the 17 victims of the Parkland shootings. Students will be marked truant and we will supervise them if they leave the classroom. We will usher them to the quad area and supervise. I will be sending out information from the district shortly.
Have a great week Tritons!