India Atlas Project
Biography of rakesh Sharma
Rakesh Sharma joined the Indian Air Force on 1970 to be a pilot, he went through all ranks really fast. Passion for flying opened up for Rakesh, such as being apart of war operations against Pakistan. 1971 he flew in some successful missions. Sharma got picked to be in a historical space mission. Rakesh was the only Indian in the space crew. He was chosen by the ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) the mission name was SOYUZ T-11, Rakesh was the Research Cosmonaut. He went in space with two Soviet union. Rakesh Sharma only went outer space ones.
Rakesh Sharma is Well known India for Being the first Indian in space. shrama retired in test flying in 2001. And served as a chief test pilot in the HAL Nashik Division until 1992. and in 2006 he took part of a conference of the ISRO. right now Rakesh shrama is Retired from his service and is now the chairperson for the automated workflow.
Indian Air Force
Rakesh Sharma In the Indian Air force.
the space crew
Rakesh Sharma With Strekalov, Gennadi Mikhailovich and Malyshev, Yuri Vasilyevich
- "Rakesh Sharma" http://www.iloveindia.com/indian-heroes/rakesh-sharma.html
- "India’s First Man In Space, Rakesh Sharma, Chats With Asian Scientist Magazine" released: Febuary 9, 2012 By: Srinivas Laxman http://www.asianscientist.com/features/first-indian-in-space-rakesh-sharma-suryadatta-national-lifetime-award-for-1984-flight/
- "Rakesh Sharma" http://www.aerospaceguide.net/astronaut/rakesh_sharma.html
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the mission took 7 days 21 hours and 40 minutes.
- Did you know that he is married to Madhu Sharma and has two kids name Mansi and Kapil Sharma.